[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: superKamiGuru.jpg (67 KB, 492x494)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
He taught me Blender when no one else would.
Doughnuts, anvils, chairs, you name it.
>>
>>982978
>He taught me Blender
I'm so sorry
>>
>>982979
You're are just jealous because you yourself are a Maya user and have to pay just to use your software.
>>
>>982980
We have other software, only you idiots believe in Blender and the awful coding from the main developers.
>>
>>982980
Yeah bro I'm so jealous I have to pay for my maya and zbrush I torrented
>>
>>982983
>torrented
But that's theft and proves my point you cannot even afford your software because opening a new file is a $29.90 microtransaction
>>
>>982984
A working software is going to cost money, just like a house. You can’t expect free government housing to work.
>>
>>982984
>proves my point you cannot even afford your software
Sure? I never argued I could but go off lil bro
>>
>>982987
Keep making NFTs in your stolen software
>>
>>982989
I find it funny that you tried to argue with me but never managed to make a single point and then ended up just making up a fantasy about me. You're a funny fella, if a tad bit pathetic
>>
>>982990
You didn't deny making NFTs
>>
>>982978
Why does /3/ hates this guy so much?
I have yet to see a better blender teacher than donut guy. Sure, his tutorial is basically a tour through blender rather than an in-depth course, but he EXPLAINS what he is doing, something most tutorials do not do.
In another thread an anon recommended another artist that had a course on hard materials, so i checked his video course. How was it?
>Click here....then here....
>Check this part....this too...
>This will help us later.
>Get these addons....and these too...
>And done, i'll see you guys on next section.
What the FUCK do you learn from this? That these settings are needed? Needed for WHAT? What do they DO? Why am i enabling/disabling them?

Most people SUCK at teaching, it's a rare skill and, like it or not, donut guy knows how to teach.
>>
>>982991
Keep whimpering
>>
All the Blender hate here is just a meme, right? I assume everyone is being ironic
>>
>>982994
I think so.
People that claim to hate blender never post their work, those that were encouraged to use maya or 3dmax find out the communities and resources to learn are very scarce and come complain here they were tricked.
>>
>>982978
I remember that one video where he mispronounced something and said "joob", started lmaoing and saying "it sounds like a derogatory term for jews" and legit struggled to stop laughing and get back on track
Also i liked his interview podcast even though he didn't get a lot of varied profiles
>>
>>982978
>>982979
>>982980
>>982982
>>982983
>>982984
>>982986
>>982987
>>982989
>>982990
>>982991
>>982992
>>982993
>>982994
>>982996

https://www.acompañamientopsicologico.com/
>>
>>983002
https://www.blender.org/download/
cope & sneedthe
>>
>>982996
Or maybe paid shills or actual shills that think that paying for an industry 'standard' software will compensate for their lack of talent. People I've known that work in the industry wouldn't mind using blender except that industry pipelines prevents them from doing so. The only people I've heard sperg about industry standards are amateurs or those with shitty portfolios.
>>
>>982978
I remember when Blender was still not as mainstream and it was mostly his tutorials that are available. There was a certain point where a lot of clickbait tutorials started pouring in and at that point Andrew was not as relevant and since I'm not a beginner anymore I no longer kept up with his content. Compared to the FlippedNormals guys, Andrew is more of an intellectual beyond 3D unlike the other two who only really talk about their experience working in the industry. Andrew doesn't get a lot of respect because he's the beginner tutorial guy and that people only look to industry fags.
>>
>>983052
>industry pipelines prevents them from doing so
You're the type of dude who says pros would use Gimp instead of Photoshop if it wasn't for the heckin' industry pipelinerinos
>>
>>983052
>People I've known that work in the industry wouldn't mind using blender
They tell you that to make you happy, Andrew.
>>
>>983016
I've downloaded that thing and it used to work until 4.0-unstable, then since it became stable, it just crashes at startup on my computer.
>>
File: tim.png (970 KB, 1657x2073)
970 KB
970 KB PNG
>>982978
for me it's David Ward he taught me how to make characters, I still use the same techniques almost a decade later
>>
>>982980
>>982984

But I pirate all of that software and make money from it. I'm proud of stealing. I have zero qualms or regrets for being resourceful. You can shame me all you want but I still get paid using pirated software.
>>
>interrupts his tutorial to go on a nostalgic rant about how he misses the word fag
Yeah, I'm thinking based.
>>
I remember watching this guys tutorial as a person who has never touched blender before. Having to go through how-to-make a donut series sounds lame but this guy made it at least bearable.

He is charismatic and explains things instead of being quiet and saying “do this and this and that”

I’ve purchased a couple blender tutorials, and believe me- his tutorial is considered top-notch and among the best out there. People don’t realise how rare it is to have a tutorial that guides you through a 3d modelling software.

The industry fags should post their work here before trying to shit on the donut dude. I bet they can’t even make a fucking teacup and instead would rather waste their time bullying people on 4chan.
>>
File: 1705870835395789.jpg (99 KB, 1075x1038)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>983158
anon you naughty
>>
>>983162
>The industry fags should post their work here
The work is under a NDA, something commie Blender comrades wouldn't understand
>>
>>982978
kek
>>
>>983086
No, I use Paint. Also, retard point. kys.

>>983087
Hmm yes Andrew definitely visits this shit board.
>>
grantt is better. i never even finished the donut he just seemed like an awful teacher, might as well follow a script
>>
>>983185
Most NDA work aren't even solo projects. Someone could sperg that they're in the industry but all they do is some shitty support work on something and have absolutely no direction without some senior or lead to call them a retard for not understanding directions.

>>983162
>bullying people on 4chan
No shit, if you expect something more from this board, you're kinda at fault here.
>>
>>982978
my condolences, op!
>>
>>983357
>my condolences, op!
thank u
>>
File: wter2.jpg (223 KB, 960x540)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>983162
Let me tell you, what ever you learn in Blender or from these fake artists who have no degree in college or qualify to enter in international business. I know for a fact that they aren't the people you claim. They are YouTubers who profit off people, just like rappers who say they were normal people, they were not.

P.S no im not waiting an entire hour to get normal looking water.
>>
>>983580
Waiting an hour? You're just telling on yourself at that point. Your computer sucks dick as much as you do
>>
>>983597
You’re the bad artist if you think VFX works out of the box. Everything in production is faking it make it. Animation? Some model running in the center. Fire? 2D video overlay, etc.

You don’t know anything about 3D or the work behind it. Just a brain dead blender lackey with no success.
>>
>>983088
maybe learn how computers work
>>
>>983597
this, poorfags gonna poor
>>
>>983657
Blender and poverty go together, that's a law of nature
>>
>>983597
>>983657
Has if Blender could do better, Python code is only faster by the computer hardware and the rendering process of Blender lacks real processing capabilities. Let me remind you that Blender doesn’t use Graphics cards while normal software like Maya, houdini, Photoshop and others do.

>>983658
>Completely ignores how expensive Maya is
Nice arrangement retard
>>
>>982978
Taught you a useless skill when burger flipping makes you more attractive in the job market.
>>
>>983659
Maya is not expensive, chud. If you can't afford a license then you should quit ThreeDeeCeeGee altogether. You're just a valueless parasite producing nothing of quality while hurting developers.
>>
>>983669
$307 dollars for indie maya is not cheap. You absolutely don’t understand how money works either, i bet you’re those rich snoods who refused to pay anything and demand free stuff. That’s not how the real world works anon.
>>
>>983659
>Let me remind you that Blender doesn’t use Graphics cards
EEVEE has pretty much always used GPU and Cycles has had GPU rendering for years at this point.
If you're at the point where you're bitching about fidelity and rendering speeds and you don't have a 3090 at minimum, you have no place bitching about blender. Maya's rendering times aren't any faster when both are rendering via GPU.
>>
>>983675
EEVEE doesn't even have real Ambient Occlusion, only SSAO, which is the fake version of it. It's unusable for anything really. Let's not talk about the projected shadows that look like Minecraft maps. It doesn't matter how expensive your graphics card is, EEVEE is a joke and Cycles is too slow for animation. Enjoy your modern Blender.
>>
>>983677
Cycles is only slow if you're using a 20 series card/equivalent or lower. You're making industrial level complaints about something that only occur when you lack industrial level tech. Also the rest of your post is completely irrelevant to the topic you complained about, which is rendering times, which tells me you realized I'm right and tried to move the goalposts. Sorry poorfag but your shitty argumentation is too obvious.
>>
>>983691
Your parents pay $10 to $20 per month to let you run your video card, which effectively qualifies video cards as a subscription service that you also have to buy upfront. Just so you know.
>>
>>983691
Even middle ground graphics cards can’t do enough in Blender. Shut up about your imaginary specs.
>>
>>983693
>Your parents pay
I make in a month what you make in three years. The only reason I'm not charging you for replying to me and wasting my time is making fun of you makes for a fun break.
>>
>>983700
You make a lot of money and you also want to charge me. What are you a bigot or something?
>>
>>983703
>are you a bigot or something?
uhm... are you not?
>>
>>983677
Wtf do you mean cycles is too slow for animation? What kind of animation with what hardware? I render my animations in cycles and I know people who create better animations than I do with cycles as well
>>
He is good for the donut and maybe a couple other things but its so much easier just looking up direct tutorials for what you actually want to do
>>
>>983790
Ya sure very basic stuff but harder stuff like VFX, reflections and transparency on models can cause super slow rendering. Some might even crash when doing it.

Just look at their peertube and see basic results: https://video.blender.org/videos/local
>>
>>983839
>He is good for the donut
I don't think any of the other losers making blender tutorials are even capable of making doughnouths
>>
>>983845
I see you don't actually use Blender. But I'm pretty sure only like 5 out of the 14 people on this board actually do anything productive ever. This place is a joke
>>
>>983953
I know Blender flaws inside and out. Like how lightning is stupidity bad to add while Maya and others are a click away. Dumb rules to render in Blender just to test something. Blender can’t handle animation in games it doesn’t include the ability to add more than one animation. ETC.

It’s bad anon, Blender is bad.
>>
>>983957
>Blender can’t handle animation in games it doesn’t include the ability to add more than one animation.
Maybe I don't understand what you mean, but I'm pretty sure you can blend multiple animations with the NLA editor.
And if you mean exporting multiple animations for a game engine, that works fine too, I think with GLB or FBX. Just push multiple animations to the NLA timeline and they will all get exported.
>>
>>983961
That’s another problem, no key frame. Maya 2024 does offer it with higher quality and more depth. Blender is stupider as you are guessing about things. On top of that, people are dumb into believing glTF as an alternative animation file. Hello no it’s not, the original intent was copy and paste. Blender has no intention whatsoever to do anything correctly.
>>
>>983957
>>983965
Why is this board overrun with people like this? What do you even call this? ESL schizo?
>>
>>984034
English is dead, ChatGPT failed at basic grammar that you Americans give it. The whole problem was you all along.
>>
>>983784
Racism and bigotry will get you banned off the 3D board, you chud filth. Post your recessed chin from the side with wireframe on.
>>
he taught me well
>>
Since Blender is apparently so shit at everything.
What are the best software's for eatch use case?
>>
>>984283
Wings 3D if you want an alternative open source, the program just works as expected.
>>
>>984285
For which use case?
>>
>>984290
Great for modeling like you know, what actual 3D modeling program would do. Even offers UV editing and look, lighting if you want to be fancy about it. All easy implanted into the software like real developers would have done.
>>
>>984303
lmao
>>
>>984283
people build ak-47 parts inside blender
Software doesn't matter if you are not a 50iq retard monkey. Howewer, Blender with a certain set of addons (hops, retopoflow, etc.) makes it actually good.
>>
>>983158
anon is based
>>
>>984307
No they don’t, they’re copying CAD files of the original version which was published by the creator. Blender users used Autodesk CAD to get the data, use the math and redistribute it under the .blender file.

How do I know this? That’s because Autodesk refuses to give away any information about CAD files and you are required to use AutoCAD. The original source was CAD file because the guy wanted a working gun, a working gun absolutely needs accurate modeling. One inch too high and your hand will not work.
>>
>>984317
and 99.9% of people do it for video games where you can get away with inaccuracy. you don't need to own CAD software to create working guns for games. plenty of braindead spoonfeed how to make X gun in blender tutorials
>>
File: IMG_0349.png (1.51 MB, 1678x1852)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>984331
Oh when you said parts I thought real physical 3D printing because why would someone be dumb enough to create an entire machine that is only seen from the outside.
>>
>>984339
>why would someone be dumb enough to create an entire machine that is only seen from the outside.
one could do that, it would have no benefits other than the autism to feel achievement of being able to do that.

I argued over blender's most common usage which is game asset creation and film making where your skill level determines everything and not what the software is doing. I have to agree though blender was not built for precise modeling. I'm using plasticity for that which is simplified CAD for artists to create more accurate and smooth assets because blender lacks in that department.

the best way to maximize results instead of saying X is shit like that other anon is having various software in your belt which have their own strength. Fusion360/Plasticity for CAD, blender for general use, Zbrush for organic sculpting/modeling and Substance painter for texturing is the endgame combo. instead of fighting over software, unite them.
>>
>>984340
Don't worry, you will accept the donut soon
>>
>>984340
You mentioned Z-brush for organic and Substance painter for texturing ,what other's programs are there for other use cases? Anons say how it doesn't matter,but using a rock to nail in a nail when you could have used a hammer sounds retarded, point is,proper tools matter.
>>
>>984422
>marvelous designer
for sewing clothes and simulating folds for your character, but clothes can be handmade in zbrush aswell
>substance designer
creating your own texture patterns. all visual node work. you can use them as materials in substance painter afterwards.
>plasticity/fusion360
for creating accurate models blender cannot do properly, like highly detailed weapons with micro bevels and details to them.
>marmoset toolbag
best software for baking normal maps/fucking around with UVs and textures and making renders of your work
>rizomuv
best UV'ing software

thats some off my head. there's alot of them.

I use blender with general needed addons (hardops, retopoflow for retopology, rizomuv bridge, friendly pivot, etc.) paired with zbrush and plasticity to fill every gap in modeling. marmoset toolbag is in my posession where I bake my things and lastly substance painter for texturing.

it allows me to create any asset I want with ease and most effeciently. I haven't looked back since.

it might sound a lot, but it's worth it than solely using 1 software which can only get you as far. blender is not a god. learn multiple software.
>>
>>982980
do blendfags really think industrybros pay for their sw? the company or school pays for it 99% of the time
>>
>>983002
Post your donut or shut the fuck up
>>
File: IMG_4809.jpg (573 KB, 1170x887)
573 KB
573 KB JPG
>>982978
Is her good to watch for me to learn? My end game goal is to make a psp-level graphics animation series. With UV wrapping and textures. I’ve watched this guy’s video already,
>>
File: 7786347271.png (374 KB, 583x484)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>982992
>What the FUCK do you learn from this?
I pretty much got in love with the donut guy after I lost my shit trying to follow a tutorial for a simple stylized model. Exactly how you described it.

>Now we click here... lemme remove that.... we can skip this step... we could do this like this, but we are gonna do this, this and then by cutting this by the half we get a perfect shape that will be able to use when 20 steps later with a shortcut for a feature I didn't mention.

Donut guy is a great teacher and explains everything in a way it's easy to understand, like pic rel.
>>
>>985014
That’s not how UV mapping works. It’s way more complicated than that. The candy is only wrapped around the shape. It’s not the only method to UV mapping.
>>
File: fucknuance.jpg (388 KB, 1920x960)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>985020
No shit sherlock.
>>
>>985020
Christ, man. Of course it doesn't capture the whole picture, that's the purpose of putting shit in layman's terms. If you go too deep then you lose any hope of actually helping people gain an understanding.

Physicists deal with this shit on the daily.
>>
>>985025
And look how Physicists are dealing with prodoscience because they allowed people uneducated and stupid to ultimately believe in make up shit.

>>985024
The flaw in candy wrapping is the extra layers to overlap. Yes, the candy requires it otherwise you’ll have problems. This isn’t how you UV Map anything in 3D, optimization and shading play a huge role. You just making shit up and believing in one method vs better alternative to UV mapping.
>>
>>985024
Post your donut or gtfo tripfag,
Post it!
>>
>>985040
Not in a million years!
>>
>>985048
Post it tripfag
>>
>>985052
Listen up dude I'll die on this hill. I'd first make a 4k animation of an Eclair factory before posting a donut.
>>
>>985056
Post the donut tripfag
We are waiting
>>
>>985059
he doesn't even have a trip, tard
>>
>>985081
No! Why did you say it. He was making himself fooler with every comment.
>>
This is a comparison between several rendering engines. First of all, it explains why Cycles looks so bad and it's essentially a joke. It also shows that Blender Guru plays tricks with the settings to make his Cycles buddies look better.
https://youtu.be/Qr9t8VaV8z4?t=720
>>
>>985108
If you're a racist like me you'll also find that video funny because what it really is is an actual Person Of Color explaining to Andrew why he's a bonified N-word.
>>
>>982987
>go off lil bro
Ur so cool
>>
>>985020
I also struggle witg wrapping gifts. Its OK anon.
>>
>>985122
Thanks bro I got that skibidi rizz on fanum tax fr
>>
>>985081
>>985088
Post your donuts anonfags

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.