[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Snap-on-Logo-1981.png (19 KB, 3840x2160)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
There is no amount of seethe or cope that can disprove it.
>>
I can't imagine being this much of a consumerist brand zombie.
>>
>>2797539
holy shit dude you're a massive faggot for corporate cock
>>
>>2797539
Strap On is nice, but unless you make beaucoup dollars with your tools there's zero reason to buy them other than the wank factor. It isn't the 20th century any more, you can get specialty tools ordered to your door in 2 days and every fucking manufacturer has a lifetime warranty these days.

Hell, if you want tools made in the USA you can buy from any of the big industrial brands owned by the truck brands and get the exact same tool for half the price.

tl:dr, you're a brandwhore faggot that likes getting dicked by the rape wagon. Enjoy that "$10 a week per tool for the rest of your life" bullshit.
>>
>>2797635
>he doesn’t like getting dicked down on the bangbus
Pleb
>>
>>2797539
I have cheap ass tools that are 34 years old.

All of them still work power or otherwise.

If I have any snap-on I found them.

even the 9 dollar harbor freight grinders are going strong.

I've never had a reason to buy snap-on. I'm no longer a poor but see no reason to pay through the nose for perceived quality.
>>
>>2797539
I agree everybody that post online by Harbor freight and all the stupid other bullshit. It really is poor cope.
>>
>>2797635
A lot of those mail and warranties are bullshit like VIM tools they charge you $10 per till the warranty for shipping so that cost more than a majority of the tools to warranty

Matco is a good deal because they pretty much rebrand everything on Amazon and handle the warranty for you so I do buy from them rather than trying to get Salas to send you another socket from China which they will or they might not do macros or is good for it it’s like two dollars more a tool if that

90% of all your arguments are about money like do you have money for a new toolbox? You don’t have money for a good tool you don’t have money for good equipment I mean are you not charging people to work on their shit like where is all your money going drugs like what the fuck everything’s are so money, money money it’s not a concern just buy the best fucking tool you can afford. It is your livelihood and career not a fucking hobby that you do for fun.
>>
>>2797545
>>2797630
>>2797701
Always, always remember:
You get what you pay for.
Buy once, cry once.
>>
File: snaponjunk.png (488 KB, 1439x1269)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
>>2797539
I have this from snap-on, $400 tool that uses a cheap chink regulator that literally didn't work out of the box.
>>
>>2797744
yes I have cheap tools that have lasted 34 years and still going.
>>
>>2797715
tekton warranty is nice, just have an account on their website. upload some pictures of the broken tool and have the product number and they send one out to you within a day, recieve within a week
>>
>>2797744
>You get what you pay for.

If that's the case, why not pay twice the asking price and get twice the quality?
>>
>>2797755
Skill issue
>>
>>2797773
is that why it started working properly when i bought a better replacement?
>>
>>2797539
Koken shits on you hard.
>>
>>2797539
I'd buy it when I see if for cheap because I'm a 90s kid who falls for brands. But you have to be retarded to believe the slight quality difference to chinkslop justifies the price. Looks nice though.
>>
File: 7-1423583411.jpg (204 KB, 1200x1200)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
I only buy harbor freight tools
I love this little nigga like you wouldn't believe
>>
>>2797793
Koken is meh, I’m a huge nepros ratchet guy though… those are nicer than snap-on for sure but harder to warranty

I use nepros for like engine builds or clean clean environments where I have to replace the fastners everytime and on stuff where no scratches or witness marks can be visible
>>
Buy an ad.
>>
>>2797539
im just happy when i started wrenching, all my craftsman tools that I own where made in the U.S.A.
never broke a single wrench, or socket.
while snaponis nice, they are so horribly overpriced its insane.
>>
>>2797744
this isn't even remotely true for me, I work at a resale shop and we get in tons of estate sale leftovers
>>
>>2797744
There's a difference between not cheaping out on something and paying way more than something is worth.
>>
>>2797921
>There's a difference between not cheaping out on something and paying way more than something is worth.
This. Some things are worth the increased cost. Some things are not.
>>
>>2797879
I’ve actually been able to sell my made in USA craftsman to buy snap-on

USA craftsman is nicer than china craftsman but it was never a high tier tool
>>
For me, it’s Husky and Milwaukee. Never had a problem.
>>
>>2797938
The USA Craftsman changed over time too. The last few years before it went overseas, it wasn’t much better than the Asian stuff. And then eventually they had Craftsman Pro which was all super nice and made by Armstrong and stuff, then Craftsman regular was mostly mid range Taiwan stuff which is plenty good for 99% of people who don’t do dumb shit with the tools, and then there was the Evolv which didn’t even have the lifetime warranty and that stuff was chinesium.

Bottom of this pic is some Evolve pliers that I should’ve thrown out a long time ago, got absolutely rekt trying to grab a hardened bolt or something.

Middle one I believe are some old Craftsmans, laser etching is long gone. And some German made Kleins with some miles on em, still lookin good.
>>
>>2797858
neopros is basically better snap-on but also it's trophy tool still because of how it all looks, you don't wanna use it.
>>
>>2798040
I use the fucking shit out of my nepros stuff.

Funny thing is I see these broke dudes collecting that ahitty gold plated icon ratchet but my tool box drawers are filled with nepros that looks 100x better and actually gets used…

Snap-on dual 80 is my beater set it’s good stuff feels better than most

Then I have Matco

Then I have icon for the car, something I can hit with a hammer or hit with a propane torch and warranty out because it’s china junk

I don’t like to use anything below that gold plated icon junk
>>
>>2798038
I work with my hands for a living, so why not buy nice stuff ya know?

If I listen to all you guys online I’m only allowed to use Pittsburgh ratchets and craftsman USA

Nah dude that’s stupid shit for office workers who turn 1bolt every year maybe

I fabricate shit all day everyday why not use snap-on why not use mitutoyo? Why not the best of the best?

Because some guy online says I’m not allowed to have the good stuff?

That’s why people online are always telling me what I am doing for projects is impossible

“You can’t just buy good tools and learn how to shape metal siegggg you need to buy craftsman USA and seethe when you see a snap-on truck”
>>
File: Knipex-Logo.svg.png (17 KB, 640x326)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
*Laughs in German*
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (107 KB, 900x900)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>2797539
>>2798086
laughs at cheap consumer grade shit
>>
i got all my tools at the flea market for dirt cheap lol
>>
>>2797539
say you are a casual without saying you are a casual
>>
>>2799355
You are a casual.
>>
>>2798038
I miss Craftsman Pro. I used to work in a small race shop 10+ years ago and most of our tools were Craftsman Pro (with strategic higher-end stuff where necessary) and the stuff was great, being able to get it replaced at Sears was awesome since we were too small and out of the way for tool trucks to bother with us and stuff almost never broke anyway.
>>
>>2799364
do you always fail to follow instruction
>>
>>2801278
Most of that Craftsman Pro stuff was about as high end as you can get. I sort of missed the heyday, there wasn’t much Pro around the last few years they were open. I would’ve snagged more of it when they had the sales.

I remember lookin at their ratchets, I think they were made by Armstrong. My Craftsman Pro hacksaw is a rebranded Bahco/ Snap On. I have a Craftsman Pro angle grinder too but I have no clue who made that one for Sears.
>>
>>2801317
> craftsman pro

It wasn’t good, but I built my first ar-15 using craftsman pro stuff punches and angle tip pliers to hol the roll pin
>>
>>2797744
Bought a ton of tools second hand 15 years ago in the tool bin section at a local pawnshop for pennies on the dollar and I still have/use 99% of them.
>>
>>2801377
They had some good deals on the Pro tool boxes the last few years of Sears. Those were nice.

I keep getting tempted buy the new Craftsman V series. A lot of that is rebranded Facom. I have beem back and forth on getting a ratchet at least. But the selection is limited and they haven’t tried to push them into stores or anything. If I could fingerfuck the stuff at Lowe’s and they had Xmas or Father’s Day deals on some of it, I would try it out. The RBRT-like hex bit sockets are super tempting but pricey for like a 12pc Taiwan made socket set.
>>
>>2803432
My major issue with craftsman v series (they make nice rails) is that it’s a SB&D product

A lot of people have already reported that warranties have been rejected,

I’ve also been told by Home Depot employees to “contact husky” and lowes told their employees to deny all warranties on hand tools and point to a craftsman poster

Which means a lot of Kobalt warranties are getting denied in the Stanley Ebola of craftsman warranties

I think this is probably the last year where people hear craftsman and associate it as a good brand
>>
>>2803438
I have a sheared off T-25 socket sitting in my car that I have been meaning to try and exchange at Lowe’s forever. I should try it. Never really had issues there before and Home Depot has been good to me as well, even with stuff like Klein wire strippers that isn’t a house brand.

Harbor Freight has been the most annoying IME because there’s no telling what random shit only has 90 days and everything is sold in sets so they often want you to return an entire wrench set if you need to replace one broken wrench, and that is shitty if the 10mm fucked off somewhere and was replaced with a Tekton.
>>
>>2803444
Also pass on the v series RBRT style bits

Just buy max RBRT works much better

The craftsman ones I own and wasted $65 on just round it more
>>
>>2803438
Craftsman haven't been good since Eddie Lampert rekt Sears.
That said I don't break enough tools to care about warranty since most breakage is due to abuse.

Other than a small socket or a ratchet under salvage yard abuse (I can't bring my torch like I could at my bros salvage) I've few problems because breakage is almost always on component removal and I'm set up with many ways to dismantle machinery.
>>
>>2798115
>cuck-o
Lol
>>
>>2803759
>That said I don't break enough tools to care about warranty since most breakage is due to abuse.

This. Using the proper tool for the job and using some common sense will prevent 99% of tool breakage.
>>
>>2797539
But I like toys!
>>
>>2797853
what's a fair price for an hour of welding? I need someone to weld a few joints of the base of my water tank
>>
>>2803865
This is sort of true. I really don’t need so many Japanese box cutters and screw extracting pliers.
>>
Also from a list of “Snap On Rebrands” like Williams and CDI… I guess Ullman makes some of their pick up tools and scribes and random shit, but 1/3 the price because it’s not off the rape truck.
>>
>>2804262
$50-100 if it's some rando from faceberg doing borderline shit work like >>2799907
otherwise $100-250 for somebody professional with their shit together
im about $500 minimum to show up with an engine drive in the bead of my beat up old f250 and nobody complains
>>
>>2804268
do you live near WV/NoVA?
>>
>>2804275
>do you live near WV/NoVA?
yah, only about 2800 miles away
>>
>>2803759
It takes a long time for normies who don’t pay attention to lose brand loyalty
>>
So many weekend warriors in this thread that may just occasionally use their tools.
Look, if you're spending 50 hours a week using your tool to make money, then you're going to want snap-on so hour 3 onward doesn't take a toll on your body.
So for weekend projects, your dewalts and milwuakees are fine.
But if you generate an income, it's snap-on or nothing.
>>
File: 20240505_135810.jpg (2.39 MB, 3225x2419)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
>>2804393
>milwuakee is weekend grade
weak bait
>>
>>2804394
Look, use a milwuakke for 10 hour straight and a snap-on for 12 hours straight.
The body keeps the score.
>>
>>2804393
>if you're spending 50 hours a week using your tool to make money, then you're going to want snap-on so hour 3 onward doesn't take a toll on your body.
So please describe to me how a certain brand stamped on a tool makes work less intensive on your body.
>>
>>2804397
Fit and finish, anon. Snap-on goes the extra mile and charges extra money.
There's nothing crazy about it.
Milwuakee stops short to get good performance numbers, nobody can lie about that.
But long-term, Snap-on is going to last longer, keep going, and your hands at the end of the day won't be numb.
>>
>>2804394
After a breaker bar, a 4v electric screwdriver with an adapter could get those bolts off.
Apply yourself.
>>
>>2804398
>Fit and finish, anon. Snap-on goes the extra mile and charges extra money.
>There's nothing crazy about it.
>Milwuakee stops short to get good performance numbers, nobody can lie about that.
>But long-term, Snap-on is going to last longer, keep going, and your hands at the end of the day won't be numb.
So you're just a marketer reading off a bullet-point list.
>>
>>2804401
I understand those are some rather inconvenient facts, but at least you can say the same for harbor freight tools I guess. Neither of you will hold a snap-on tool so have fun with that pissing match.
>>
File: 1709088003726326m.jpg (97 KB, 851x1024)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>2804403
there's more snap on in that picture than you'll ever touch with your brown fingers
>>
>>2804403
>my magic wrench that's identical to all other wrenches magically doesn't hurt your hands when you crank on it with all of your strength!
Sure, marketer.
My only broken tool is a strap-on.
>>
>>2797744
>And his comparison is OP's meme brand which has little tool icecream trucks that parade around mechanic shops to replace the tools in order to justify you spending a shitload on the same pig iron Husky uses.
>>2804399
You're talking to a dumb monkey using a hand ratchet to change a tire. There's no amount of logic that will piece is thick ape skull.
>>
>>2804403
Have you ever held or seen a snap-on ratchet in real life
>>
File: EUhG7SZXgAEromj.jpg (47 KB, 600x450)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>2804425
>using a hand ratchet to change a tire
thats a torque wrench you dolt. you should be glad some apes go to the trouble so you dont eat a class 8 steer tire while driving along to your next fag orgy
>>
>>2804425
>he doesn't even know what he's looking at

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.