[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 618BLKFRONTDSC_03251.jpg (228 KB, 1300x1612)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
Yeah but what are you supposed to do with the built in belt when the jacket is open, it looks downright clownish
>>
>>18112350
if you're worried about that you should pass on a perfecto
>>
>>18112354
I already bought one, I just thinking the belt flopping around like a limp dick looks stupid
>>
>>18112350
this is p much exactly why i bought my double rider with no belt. i pretty much only wear that style of jacket unzipped and having it flapping around really does make you look like a fool
>>
tsk tsk should have gotten one with a removable belt for versatility
>>
>>18112350
i can already tell you won't be able to pull off that doublerider
>>
File: image.png (829 KB, 847x570)
829 KB
829 KB PNG
I leave the thing strapped until I'm taking it off, but then again I only put it on when driving my motorbike.

I usually wear a light jumper underneath it so I still have a top layer when I take it off
>>
>>18112473
Yeah but what should I do now?
>>
>>18112350
I think it looks fine
>>
>>18112350
If it really bothers you, then just tuck in the belt.
>>18114504
looking effay, anon. Is that a Schott? Also I like the Dr. Marten's
>>
>>18112350
why are you so attracted to one of the hardest to pull off jackets there is?
>>
>>18115289
The tag is almost completely faded looks German I couldn’t find anything it’ll take a bit of googling
>>
>>18115344
>Echtleer Voering
Also
>100% polyester
hahahaha
>>
>>18114504
Haters will say it's cringe but they're lying, anon
>>
File: IMG_9794.jpg (22 KB, 200x284)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>18112350
Idk the ramones managed to pull it off tho
>>
>>18112350
this looks like dogshit
>>
>>18112350
>it looks downright clownish

You're way to insecure too pull this off if thats what you think. .
>>
>>18115395
That's just German and Dutch next to each other.
Echtes Leder (real leather in German)
Futter (lining in German) 100% polyester
Echt Leer (real leather in Dutch)
Voering (lining in Dutch) 100% polyester.

You can't get polyester (PE) to look like leather pleather is usually polyurethane (PU or PUR), polylactide (PLA) or polyvinyl chloride (PVC).

>>18114504
>I think it looks fine
You're wrong. This looks good.
>>
>>18115395
>>18117104
The linning is polyester, you utter retards
>>
>>18112350
>it looks downright clownish
The whole garment looks clownish, like a 13 year old's idea of cool. Don't wear that if you aren't deliberately flirting with cringe. Punks wore it for a reason
>>
>>18114504
based
>>
File: JODAN JANAI.png (2.01 MB, 1417x1075)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>18112634
>wearing a james dena larp jacket on a 125cc "bike" designed and built for the third world
>>
If you haven't worked it out already, you need to have the swag to pull off a leather jacket...otherwise just don't. The Perfecto style requires the most swag. If you think maybe you can't pull that off but are really still keen to try, then got for a less out there style like a collared moto. Don't get a cafe racer unless you actually ride a motobike otherwise it's cringe...real talk....
If you're worrying about the belt, you shouldn't have bought the Perfecto because you don't have the swag. Sorry...
>>
>>18117450
Plenty of people wear motorcycle jackets and don’t actually ride motorcycles, that’s like saying you have to fly planes to wear flight jackets and aviators, it’s a style
>>
>>18115395
polyester lining you fucking retard
>>
>>18112350
Buckle belt. Zip up halfway. Crush puss. You're welcome.
>>
>>18117323
>designed and built for the third world

why do you think that is a bad thing? third worlders ride the shit out of their bikes.
>>
>>18118801
"You have to do X to wear Y" is the most retarded take on fashion ever. I've never heard someone say this in earnest outside of this board, so I assume it's a /fa/ exclusive. Perhaps by migrants from other boards who never go outside and don't know how to interact in society. But it's weird how persistent this take is.
>>
I felt like such a poser when I fell for the /fa/ memes and bought one of these, lmao. People constantly asked what kind of bike you have. I tried hard to like it but ended up selling it to an actual biker after two years.
>>
>>18121536
>I tried hard
you could've just learn how to ride
>>
File: 1_org_zoom.png (2.14 MB, 1200x1800)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
just get a normal one.
>>
>>18121614
Divorced dadcore
>>
>>18112396
The no belt ones also look better imo, when you have a belt it just takes the attention away from what's going on up top

>>18121614
This is the kind of shit "style gurus" tell men in their mid 30's to buy and they just look like goobers
>>
>>18121536
Do you realize nobody believes you? Do you realize everyone can see you're this guy? >>18117450

Do you realize you're retarded?
>>
>>18112350
If you feel that way and prefer things looking neat and proper, it's not for you and that's just fine, your comfort and confidence matter the most.
Biker jackets are only cringe when the wearer ignores this instinct, you need to have the (for lack of a better term) personality to pull it off.
They also elicit extreme butthurt among those who desperately WISH they could wear them with confidence, these types are extremely self-conscious and uptight which is precisely the opposite of what this aesthetic projects and demands, like this /fa/g >>18121536
>>
>>18121702
>They also elicit extreme butthurt among those who desperately WISH they could wear them with confidence,

i'll admit, post-lookism, /fa/ and /fit/ have been ruined by narcissists that absolutely would try to sabotage an anonymous person on the internet they would never have to meet and compete with.
but i warn people about shit like this because i absolutely did make a lot of spergy mistakes and i'd like others to avoid my mistakes.
these jackets are a hard mode fit. if you're on 4chan you are way less likely, even than average, to be able to look good in one of these.
at least go to the store and try these things on, first.
also, if you cop second-hand: you can probably get someone else to cop it back off of you later and not lose much money.
>>
>>18121869
>/fa/ and /fit/ have been ruined by narcissists
>narcissists
They are homosexuals and incels, call them what they are
>i absolutely did make a lot of spergy mistakes
Read the first sentence in the post you replied to, that's all that counts
>if you're on 4chan you are way less likely, even than average, to be able to look good in one of these.
As opposed to what, r*dd^t? You're buying into the "internet hate machine"-incel strawman too much. People visit 4chan because they have a functional sense of humour, the stereotype is reinforced mostly by bots, discords trannies, and a few terminally-online incels who actually fit that mould.
>at least go to the store and try these things on, first.
Of course, you'll probably buy one or maybe two leather jackets in your lifetime so make sure it fits. Or, just order online and return if you're not pleased with it. You're overthinking the process too much because you're uptight.
>>
>>18121877
no, i used narcissist on purpose.
you remember the old bit where fat feminist women were saying they had to smash beauty standards? ie. brainwash sexy men into fucking them?
that's a narcissistic behaviour.
what these guys on /fa/ and /fit/ do today is kind of like that.
they will post threads on /fit/ all day trying to demotivate men to stop lifting because this seems to them a more functional plan than just... lifting weights and losing body fat.
so, if you went on /fa/ ten years ago there would be absolutely no dudes trying to stop you from looking cool.
but that absolutely could happen on /fa/ today. you could post a picture of you looking objectively good and a guy would rag on you because he is fucked in the head and thinks if you stop looking good he will look comparatively better and win.

it's absolutely not a strawman that the people that use this site would be less likely than average to look good in a perfecto jacket.
and most normal people would not look good in a perfecto jacket.

i have used this site a long time and there has always been guys that fetishize leather jackets and damn near no one ever posting photos of them looking good in leather jackets.
this is because it's a hard thing to do and the type of guys gravitating towards them are the least likely to do it well.
>>
>>18121893
I appreciate your thoughtful and earnest response.
>no, i used narcissist on purpose.
Fair enough but I think you're underestimating the overlap between narcissists, homosexuals, and incels. They're usually comorbidities.
>here has always been guys that fetishize leather jackets and damn near no one ever posting photos of them looking good in leather jackets.
Exactly, they have a fetish for the leather jacket aesthetic which goes beyond the garment itself, I addressed these types in my previous posts, they wear it like a costume.
Posting pictures of yourself and your fit for anon strangers to judge is already deviant and insecure behaviour, under the best of circumstances, and it's completely at odds with the personality traits of those most likely to pull off the look.
Selection bias is at play because only insecure cosplayers are posting pics for random faggots to judge. The rest of us wear them to dingy bars and trendy restaurants where we pick up rocker brunettes and blonde bimbos who feel like getting fucked by a legit "bad boy" instead of the usual cunts with exposed gold chains and the promise of free coke.
>>
File: Julian Casablancas.jpg (83 KB, 620x868)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>18121702
>>18121877
>>18121893
I just think they are cool, and I feel like I can pull one off.
>>
File: F48e83uXEAAKCSJ.jpg (86 KB, 750x738)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>18117323
That's a Japanese 450 bruh
>>
>>18121614
What's this style of jacket called?
What are the leather jacket styles to get?
>>
File: 1704595078083651.jpg (465 KB, 1210x639)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>>18112350
pulling off a perfecto
step 1 be marlon brando
>>
>>18121618
better than attention whore zoomer core, simple is beautiful
>>
>>18124657
looks like a cafe racer jacket but for someone who doesn't ride a bike.
>>
>>18122949
>I feel like I can pull one off.
just wear it.
honestly, there's no real pulling-it-off for this unless you look like a greasy outlaw biker from the late 1960s
but if you just go ahead and wear it you are essentially pulling it off.
i don't know if that makes sense--just wear it if you like it.
some people will think you look good, others won't and most people won't even notice.
i guess essentially whhat i mean is: if you're wearing it and you like it well then you've succeeded in your effort
>>
>>18127633
Thanks, I have one in mind that I'm planning on getting once I'm in a more secure place financially.
>>
>>18112350
Its literally a motorcycle jacket. At least the originals were. They were meant to be worn while riding as a protective clothing from wind and road rash when crashing. If you want to wear it as a fashion statement then wear it however you want it.
>>
I actually think it looks wrong without the belt
>>
Just go for a the racer
>>
>>18129148
>>18129153
Yeah it does, but it would still be better if the belt was removable and not stitched in
>>
>>18129902
I believe Schott sells one with a removable belt
>>
you wont pull off this jacket. most people can't. its a waste of your time.
>>
File: IMG_0251.jpg (665 KB, 1449x2174)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
I’ve been looking around for nice motorcycle jackets lately and I like stuff the cast makes a lot
>>
File: IMG_0252.jpg (79 KB, 1200x444)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>18130615
They make beautiful belts too
>>
>>18130615
Huh, never heard of this brand but it looks very poser punk
>>
>>18131908
Didn’t see it before but now I do, thanks anon, Schott reigns supreme
>>
I bought a second-hand leather jacket yesterday, looks to be from the 80s or 90s, it's in great condition, also made in Australia too and sort of reminds me of the jackets the police force wore in Mad Max. I'm so happy with it brehs.
>>
>>18134176
Post a pic anon
>>
>>18131908
What is poser punk ?
>>
>>18114504
b-b-b-b-b-bad
>>
>>18112350
I like mine
But gotta get a cleaner one for simpler styles
Also I don’t know why people get that much worked up about wether they can wear a leather jacket ?
Like just put it on man
>>
>>18134197
It's obviously cheap, if not fake, and you look like a gay immigrant. But you do you.
>>
File: IMG_6823.jpg (632 KB, 728x1165)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
>>18134204
Yea my man that’s the game
>>
>>18134204
We gotta agree that the effay point relies between fag as fuck and SS official, so I think this madman is doing it very right
>>
>>18134190
Well the short of it is that punk fashion in it's infancy was meant to be very cheap and working class, think Sex Pistols. When it hit the mainstream, the high brow fashion houses wanted to cash in and made expensive products for rich people who wanted to look punk, but didn't understand that in essence and at it's core punk was about rebelling against the mainstream, safe, posh culture that looked down on them
Subcultures are mostly dead but there is still a fine divide between 'being' and 'posing'
>>
File: 1709990092474024.png (199 KB, 363x480)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>2024
> Still no Burberry Prorsum biker jacket in my closet
Fuck this feel
>>
>>18134359
>burberry
something something poser punk

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.