[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fml.jpg (171 KB, 1621x972)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
Anybody knows how the Monotype app works and what it actually does?

Long story short, one of my clients has recently required that I switch to using the app instead of providing the fonts for projects directly. The thing is I definitely have some fonts with missing licenses on my PC so the last thing Id want is some big fuckoff corporate app snooping around my files and potentially bricking my entire font library.

Any insight on this is welcome!
>>
also fuck em!

>HGGC Explores $4 Billion Sale of Typeface Firm Monotype

>Monotype, which was taken private by HGGC in a $825 million deal four years ago, will be pitched to industry players and other private equity firms, according to the people. The company generates annual earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization of more than $200 million, they said.
>>
Use a virtual machine.
>>
>>454552
>The thing is I definitely have some fonts with missing licenses on my PC so the last thing Id want is some big fuckoff corporate app snooping around my files and potentially bricking my entire font library.
It can't brick your library. It can phone home and if you have your info tied to the account, they will know where to knock.
>>
why would they care about a bunch of fonts that they arent related to and arent used in any way to gnerate income or in any projects

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.