[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: testimg.jpg (54 KB, 525x557)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Is the art industry doing well right now (i.e. gaming, vfx, etc industry wise?)
>>
No.
>>
File: wellshit.jpg (78 KB, 1224x894)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>7155419
well shit, do I have a chance...
>>
>>7155424
hope u got the tightest bussy because your art aint gonna get you there
>>
>>7155425
show an example of "there"
>>
File: Hmmm.jpg (24 KB, 795x517)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>7155425
I got an idea, what if I made a stream about how I fucked your mom, while doing art... Would that work?
>>
File: there.png (1.14 MB, 1977x850)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>7155425
here is there
>>7155434
if only you put half of that effort in the nigg you drew he would be a little less repulsive
>>
>>7155428
here i clicked on wrong post >>7155438
>>
>>7155400
Hollywood is imploding because they're idiots, Gaming is imploding because they're too busy sucking investors' cocks, Animation is imploding because it's competing against anime which is definitely not animation so why learn anything from it, and Comics are imploding because of some of the most unbelievably incompetent business leadership there has ever fucking been (HOW DID READERSHIP NOT GROW DURING THE MOVIE BOOM!? HOLY SHIT!).

Good news is that it may very well open up the market for other areas, look at how Australia has made a massive hit with Bluey, and how Manga and Anime have stepped up to the plate since to satisfy consumers since America's output wasn't doing it, and all those gamedevs who were fired? Yeah, they just started making indie games instead, which is becoming a headache for the 'Triple A' industry - why couldn't the same thing happen with comics?

So the art industry is fine if you look at consumer wants, but in a terrible state when you look at the business leadership. Go indie.
>>
>>7155438
>>7155434
>>7155424
>>7155438
That dude has the hunch of someone in his mid to late 40's I'm still young enough to be a trophy husband/ cuckold. Although the fact you think "there" is a place, when it really is a state of mind says a lot. (Deep)
>>
File: k.jpg (35 KB, 796x676)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>7155451
I meant artistically and show me where I went wrong.
>>
Is this another mikufag thread?
>>
>>7155441
>HOW DID READERSHIP NOT GROW DURING THE MOVIE BOOM!? HOLY SHIT!

That's the part that kills me. Comic book characters have never been more popular, and comic books have never been less popular.

It just doesn't make sense, I tell you.
>>
>>7155461
My mikusama would never make such threads
>>
File: time.jpg (78 KB, 811x912)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Genuinely how long do you think it'd take me?
>>
>>7155462
>each comic book is 22 pages
>each one of these flimsy booklets are at least $4
>if you want to read older comics, each comic will cost $30+
>graphic novels that bind together all the issues of a series are expensive, and regularly go out of print
>even if a reader does decide to go through the trouble to read an entire series, they have no idea where to start
>there are at least 50 different "spidermans", with reboots and alternate universes confusing things, and newer series constantly retconning events that happened in earlier series. Same with all the other characters at Marvel and DC.
>different writers and art styles constantly throwing old fans for a loop
>And the writing is not that good anyways, so why bother
>>
>>7155400
Every single industry is doing terribly right now, specially Tech and Art and you can blame AI.
>>
>>7155943
>Not blaming females and globomo
Kill yourself jewish nigger
>>
File: 1.png (489 KB, 720x540)
489 KB
489 KB PNG
>>7155890

JUST PUT OUT SOME TPBS OR GRAPHIC NOVELS. JUST HAVE ORGANIZED COLLECTIONS. JUST BUNDLE NEW STORIES IN A MAGAZINE! JUST DO WHAT THE JAPANESE DO. THE BUSINESS MODEL IS RIGHT THERE!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO INVENT ANYTHING NEW. JUST RIP OFF THE JAPANESE! WHY IS THIS SO COMPLICATED!?!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
>>
>>7156267
>JUST RIP OFF THE JAPANESE!
Shonen Jump puts out a new magazine every week, which costs $1 at most, is available at nearly every convenience store in the country (unlike our specialized, expensive comic shops), and are each 150+ pages. You get access to the newest chapter of your favorite stories, and you also discover new series that you would've never heard of. In America, each series is published in an individual leaflet. If you want to discover a new series, you need to risk $5 on something totally unknown, and may be of questionable quality. It's very very hard to discover new things in the way the current American comic model is set up. This is probably why Webtoons is so popular. It's not because it's on your phone, or because it costs less (it doesn't. their paywall is very steep) It's because it's very very easy to find new series.

Finding new creators and stories is the surest path towards the health of the comic book industry. We need to make that easier.
>>
>>7156276
>Shonen Jump puts out a new magazine every week, which costs $1 at most
No need to even do that, just make the current floppies $1 and distribute them to more places than fucking speciality stores.
And for god's sakes, make the comics for kids! Why they thought catering only to adults and leaving kids by the wayside was a smart idea is far beyond me. Who was supposed to grow up as a comic fan if they didn't have comics to read as child because they were all violent and 'mature'.
Do you know what currently the most popular, and financially successful, western comics currently are? Kids comics.

Hell, just do ANYTHING other than what they're currently doing. The leaders of these comic companies are genuinely the most incompetent business leaders there have ever been. There is likely never been a case of a business fumbling a golden opportunity (the movie fad) so hard and for so long. How they didn't capitalise on that situation in the slightest is genuinely astounding.
Business students will be taught this in the future and say out loud 'what the fuck were those retards doing!?', like I am right now!.
>>
>>7156298
I agree with what you're saying, but I just feel like the change needed is too big. We're talking about remodelling the entire infrastructure of the comics industry.

Faster to just learn Japanese and publish my manga that way, desu

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.