[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tgv-m.png (953 KB, 1024x575)
953 KB
953 KB PNG
{fanfare.wav}
>>
File: jacques cooper.jpg (76 KB, 1200x680)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
bring back the orange color. at least they promised more seat pitch in the new trains. meanwhile RENFE is getting their new Talgo Avril train sets that they want to use on their competing services. I don't know if that 2+3 seating in the RENFE trains will be very comfy.
also Jacques Cooper the designer of the original TGV just died recently. pic related. F
>>
File: tgv14[1].jpg (119 KB, 1200x628)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>1995059
F
What could have been...
>>
idk... the only thing I feel looking at that is inoui.
>>
>>1995059
>bring back the orange color.
They chose the white color because the train need less power for air con, the TGV-M is meant to be more cost and energy effective.
>>
File: acela.png (3.88 MB, 1920x989)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB PNG
COUSIN, LET'S GO BOWLING
>>
yes, it's a train. SNCF ordering from CAF instead of Alstom for once.
>>
>>1997335
>The Corail coaches are old but offer a good standard of comfort. Dominique Le Frère, head of inter-city rolling stock at SNCF Voyageurs, said the new trains would offer a level of comfort comparable to a TGV, with modern seats and better dynamic performance than the Corail coaches.
this doesn't look comfy at all. Corail coaches would only need air conditioning and a tank for the piss and shit instead of deposing it on the rail tracks like in India. they are to this day still unsurpassed in comfort. now we get these aluminium commuter boxes for long distance services instead.
>>
>>1997337
>aluminium commuter boxes
What's wrong with aluminium?
>>
>>1997357
nothing, it's light and allows for faster acceleration than with rigid stainless steel cars. I'm just not a fan of short carriages with shared bogies and ramps everywhere inside the trains. it just makes me feel like I'm in a commuter train. but that's partly to blame for the uncomfortable seating installed nowadays.
>>
>>1997361
>ramps everywhere inside the trains
That's because of accessibility regulations. Corail coaches are high floor, so they don't have that problem, but they make accessibility for wheelchairs (and prams for that matter) very difficult.
However I think trains should simply be mostly high-floor, with just one or two coaches with a low floor section. It would make for a more comfortable interior design, and likely be cheaper too, since you get a lot more space for the mechanical components.
>>
>>1997337
Ride them while you still can anon.
>Pierre, how should we, cheaply, renovate the Corail interiors for our Ouigo Train Classique?
>I don't know Jacques, maybe we could change nothing and just add a few blue and pink stickers here and there?
>You are a genius, Pierre.
>>
>>1997399
The sleeper corail coaches did get a proper modernization and are really nice. Frogs should restore more sleeper trains.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.