[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2037.jpg (996 KB, 1284x1522)
996 KB
996 KB JPG
Just splurged on picrel, basically a 4x5 Big Shot, what am I in for? Anyone ever even see one of these before?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution216 dpi
Vertical Resolution216 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1284
Image Height1522
>>
>>4314439
How much did you spend on that? It's a cool camera, but you will be extremely limited on what you can photograph.
The only way to focus it is through the aperture by changing the DoF, and you will most likely not be able to get to infinity.

You should have gotten a sinar handy if you wanted a handheld 4x5 camera.

On the bright side you should be able to take some killer portraits with it. It has a ground glass, right? Does it take standard 4x5 film holders?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>4314439
Oh wait.. It has that goofy string focus thing. That's kinda cool, but still fairly limiting.

What's your plan with the camera?
>>
>>4314445
>>4314451
Probably spent way more than it’s worth but I had some cash to burn from some compulsory overtime this pay period, 300usd. I understand it will be limiting but it might be fun like the Polaroid is, has a graflok back so I can mount an instax onto it as well as roll film etc. just wanted to mess around with it really, no overarching plan lol. Don’t eBay groggy on the toilet in the mornings, kids.
>>
>>4314486
The limiting nature will make it a fun camera to use until you want more from a 4x5. Looks like the lens is worth at least 200 bucks, and it is cambo. I have no clue on the quality of takamura lenses.

You can say you own a cambo now as well!
>>
>>4314439
>what am I in for?
How do you get one and ask this after, are you retarded?
>>
>>4314681
It’s the 4chan way. My favorite is on /tv/, the ol “I’m about to watch X movie, what did I think about it?” And so on. Timeless setup.
>>
>>4314439
>Paying money for hard to use junk

Yep filmfags are terminal retards.
>>
>>4315120
>babby thinks f8 and be there is too hard
Can’t take a photo without the ai in your phone basically hallucinating it for you first, eh?
>>
>>4314439
You get your camera yet?
>>
>>4317716
No it’s stuck in customs even though it’s just going from USA to Canada. Stupid sexy border. Already thought of a simple way to use the string focuser thing with my lomograflok so it should be fun when it gets here.
>>
>>4317770
Shit. Looking forward to seeing how you use it.

I just found a good condition sinar p2 for sale at samy's camera for 350 lol. Looking forward to one handed, and geared movements for when I do my macro photography.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.