[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Cock Robin edition

>Previous Thread
>>92677233

>Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/WiCHizn0
>Mediafire
https://mediafire.com/folder/s9esc6u7ke8k5/CofD
>Mega I
https://mega.nz/folder/ePQ1BKhJ#RCosRCh59Ki2Mpb1M9H3Uw
>Mega II (also containing fanmade games)
https://mega.nz/folder/ZbQ2zLJA#DOT-3df6rS2lLet4_RmqJQ/folder/gfASQLSB
>WoD5 Mega
https://mega.nz/folder/7rQQ1LbQ#16_AiXVGo0P3_rVOJuoZyA
>STV content folders
https://pastebin.com/9i9zhydQ
>General Creation Kit
https://mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw
>Ideas: BJ Zanzibar's WoD
http://167.99.155.149/
>Anders Mage Page
http://mage.gearsonline.net/anders/
>White Wolf Wiki:
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Thread Question
What's the most unique nosferatu/zulo warform/protean form you've ever seen?
>>
>>92702978
I've always wanted to introduce a Nossie NPC who was styled after a hairless Egyptian cat
>>
File: The Vozhd.jpg (170 KB, 1024x1024)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>92702978
>TQ

Well one time we fought the Tzimisce ultimate femboy who's Zulo looked like a fucking Slaanesh Daemon, which was interesting.

As for Nosferatu, there was once a minor NPC that was full on two-face. An entirely human looking half and a twisted fucked up monster half.

My favorite Gangrel were the "Bayou Boys", a group of Cajun Gangrel who had all developed alligator characteristics, and who were surprisingly in the Camarilla since the Prince more or less used them as his personal Death Squad. In hindsight, I should have made one of them a Catfish and really good at Perception, as the team's intel guy. But they were fairly last-minute creations.

Have a /slop/'d Vozhd I made to help visualize a concept I had for one, while we're on weird body shapes.
>>
>>92702978
Forgot to answer my own TQ

>TQ
Two actually, a Nosferatu who looked like a man with a pig snout and hooves, and one of my players ages ago played a gangrel chick whose protean form was a cockroach, inspired heavily by the cockroach transformation scene from one of the nightmare on elm street movies
>>
>>92702978
>TQ
I had this Protean horse that stole the spotlight of most of the game.
>>
File: horse.png (569 KB, 422x582)
569 KB
569 KB PNG
>>92703613
>>
>>92702978
>What's the most unique nosferatu/zulo warform/protean form you've ever seen?
The only PC with protean we ever had in our group did this wihth it. But it's ok, he was from quebec and a rapist. And canibal. And addicted to diablerie. And lied to the prince. And diablerized the princes childer.
No idea how i survived to be honest. I will do it again though and learned nothing.
>>
File: 1645582666111.gif (6.27 MB, 500x282)
6.27 MB
6.27 MB GIF
>>92703629
>>
>>92703647
>he was from quebec and a rapist
MANY SUCH CASES
>>
>>92703647
>he was from quebec and a rapist
You said rapist twice
>>
>>92703767
>>92704335
Honestly, what the fuck is up there?
>>
File: rev-ethans-backpack.jpg (133 KB, 1300x730)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
What effects would make sense for a high level bag fetish?
>>
>>92704357
Rape. Rape is up there.
>>
>>92704373
I mean bag of holding is probably a pretty obvious use case. Maybe with some additional security features so anyone but the owner who looks into it just finds a normal bag.
>>
>>92704373
You can crawl inside it and rejuvenate
>>
>>92704373
Every time you turn it out to search for something, there's a Reese's Cup in there.
>>
>>92704357
>>
I know iceberg charts are cringe and a dead reddit meme but my inner autismo really enjoys them as a way to categorize information based on obscurity. I'm working one specifically about VtM, and I want some suggestions for entries, I'm mostly avoiding the v5 metaplot and v5 content in general, but I'll include some entries if they involve drama or some shit similar

https://icebergcharts.com/i/Vampire_The_Masquerade
>>
>>92700956
Well it did go on for quite a while and everyone involved had to field armies.
>>
File: Digits.png (3.14 MB, 1920x1080)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>>92704467
Level 6 fetishes be like.
>>92704444
Nice quads, but yeah that sounds appropriate especially if you are willing to get... weird.
>>92704440
Both sounds good.
>>
>>92704521
Maybe I am just unreasonably horny, but the Sabbath way of ghouling people is way to good not to be included.
>>
>>92704521
In no order how about
10th dot rituals
Pre revised tremere used the council of seven as bodies that he could remote control
Nosferatu bloodlines
The different kind of liches
Mortal necromancer families
[lasombra]‘s castle in the abyss made out of actual evil
The whole abyss, oblivion and void rabbit hole
Japeth‘s wraith and his followers being omnicidal and lazarus and his followers having no idea
Set being embraced after the flood
Set having originally being a gangrel
Apophis being the wyrm and playing the setites
Apophis and niddhog Not actually being the wyrm (source midnight circus)
[ventrue] being alive
Mortal kolduns and scholomance
There being a entire island where vampires rule dark age peasants in the final night (forgot the name but i think it was in the v20 book with scrapped locations that didn’t make it into the core book)
The gangrel betrayed the ravnos
Vampires below venice
The Ankou being the angry manifestation of a 4th gen malkavian who is in topor under breton soil
Absimiliard Tried to nuke new york (kupala made him believe that the eldest there is actually the toreador ante)
>>
>>92704724
>kupala
That guy's so funny!
>>
>>92704357
Actual World of Darkness but it's all rape and drugs
A storytelling game of honhonhonhons while honking someone's honkers
>>
>>92704401
Im from quebec, it is true
When you speak french you get hurge to rape
There is no love up there only the urge to rape each other , its the only we can reproduce
>>
>>92704896
>only way to reproduce
>wants independence, restrict gene pool
That's one way to figure out if you'll either end up with genetic dead ends or freakishly huge space marine-like super rapists with organic pneumatic cocks and multi-fold testicular chambers for rapid fire ejaculation
>>
>>92704896
This explains so much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9FMURHhgzc
>>
hedgefag will never plant his fuzzy balls on your face
why live
>>
>>92704724
added most of these
>>
File: cover_6.jpg (987 KB, 1920x1080)
987 KB
987 KB JPG
>>92703613
>>
>>92704373
A medicine bag/spirit bag is the obvious choice. They are literally the trappings of a "fetish" is based on
>>
File: download (1).jpg (63 KB, 720x712)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
How many dots in life do you need to transform an animal into a human permanently?
>>
>>92704521
Why are some of these yellow?

Also, I thought Saylot made the Baali, where does it say the Eldest did? & What became of the 2nd Generation?
>>
>>92705150
Which Mage? I believe in Ascension you'd need Life 4, Mind 5, Spirit 5 iirc. Maybe Mind and Spirit 4 instead, since you've got some raw material to work with.

Or just Life 4 if you don't mind your new girlfriend racing around naked, shrieking incoherently and chewing on furniture. Either way, Permanence is just application of successes.
>>
>>92704960
Hes a gay German, there is no way he has fuzzy balls, faggot
>>
>>92705185
>Or just Life 4 if you don't mind your new girlfriend racing around naked, shrieking incoherently and chewing on furniture
I think a lot of men wouldn’t mind if she were 10/10
>>
>>92705150
>>92705185
What animal would hedgefag be?
>>92705191
How do you know? Have you seen them?
>>
File: hedgefag.jpg (504 KB, 2480x3788)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>>92705208
>What animal would hedgefag be?
>>
>>92705185
>Which Mage?
Awakening, I get Mind but why Spirit and not prime?
>>
>>92703055
>Well one time we fought the Tzimisce ultimate femboy who's Zulo looked like a fucking Slaanesh Daemon, which was interesting.
You fought a Final Fantasy villain?
>>
>>92705462
Mage: The Ascension doesn't have a Death Sphere, and the Soul is the domain of the Spirit Sphere, so you'd want Spirit to make sure it had a human soul as well as a human mind.

Awakening takes Spirit and Entropy and splits them into Spirit, Fate, and Death, with all the soul stuff split to Death. Awakening also has a hard rule of "No soul fuckery" to which Ascension says "lol, lmao"
>>
File: 1635367965383.jpg (21 KB, 462x409)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>92705607
>Awakening also has a hard rule of "No soul fuckery"
Can't you sever and destroy souls just fine?
>>
>>92705498
He wasn't all that. Like most Tzimisce, not as scary in combat as they act. Acted like a creepy fuck the handful of times we interacted with him though. Creepier than this general talking about Changeling.
>>
There are many examples of vampires making ghouls out of entire families and keeping them around, as well as examples of ghouls needing more of that sucky sucky and overpowering their blood dealer. But I've yet to see, say, a family of ghouls from hundreds of years ago taking leeches, strapping them to a table in the basement and just trying to push limits. But then those limits are set by the generation of the one who ghouled them, right? And you'd be hard pressed to gangbang into submission a 4th or 5th gen dude assuming you break free of the supernatural bond
>>
>>92705663
Yep
>>
Are there any other settings the take major inspiration from or flat out copy WoD/CoD?
>>
>>92705816
I heard about Daemon Trevas and Rifts having WoD/CoD elements but I don't know much about those books.
>>
File: 2000.jpg (27 KB, 620x372)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>92705816
Even if it's generally shit, SCP. The Foundation is very similar to the Technocracy, up to using borrowed lingo like consensus, consensual reality, reality deviants, broken masquerade, cognihazard, and a ton of other Mage terms.

The Wachowskis said that the Matrix was directly inspired by Mage as well. This is probably the best example as the themes and aesthetic line up almost perfectly with WoD.
>>
>>92705663
Yeah, but explicitly you can't create a soul except via Prometheans and the Divine Fire. So you'd need to steal one from someone else for your shrieking rat-girl to have a human sole in MtAw, where as in Ascension you can just bake one at home.
>>
>>92705663
Tremere are also soul-eaters, both Liches and Reapers at the same time.

Though Awakening defines souls a bit differently, in that they're more like a metaphysical support structure for all the things that collectively make you you, that can be removed in pieces and even used as a transplant to heal those rendered soulless. Taking a bit of your own out to make a soulstone reduces your potential max gnosis by 1, but is a useful tool for spellcasting or creating a demesne.

>>92705917
Of course, doing this gets you labelled a Reaper if the donor is unwilling.
>>
Who’s in control of OnlyFans? The Syndicate or Virtual Adepts? Or New World Order?
>>
>>92706050
Some Pentex subsidiary.
>>
Just read about Gargoyle Creatures in Book of Storyteller Secrets. Are there any more rules or examples of Gargoyle Creatures? There was talk of Gargoyle bears
>>
>>92705816
Underworld got sued by them
>>
>>92706050
NWO 100%
>>
>>92706050
Some nations are Syndicate aligned, some are NWO, and some are contested.
>>
>>92706050
Seems like it'd be up the Syndicate's alley, also do the Virtual Adept even control anything? I was under the impression that the Digital Web was kind of its own thing
>>
File: E_qTYpPWYAIlYj-.jpg:orig.jpg (1.39 MB, 1870x1622)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>92705866
Yeah, I could see SCP being very WoD-esque, especially if played from the perspective of an occultist or mage.
>>
>>92705251
>deer
Careful, you'll summon /k/ in here.
>>
Currently writing an Egyptian clan claiming descent from Aten. They were defeated by the Setites and other Egyptian supernaturals after they supported a pharaoh who tried to instate their god as a monotheistic one. They are demiurge-like figures and usually have cults of personality centered around them.

I'm making their origins vague as to whether they are an actual lost clan or some aberrant Ravnos or Dominate Malkavian strain. Their disciplines are Chimersty, Dominate, and Celerity.

Any suggestions for the weakness?

I also have another bloodline that may or may not be a minor clan, but it's silly since most of them believe their founder is Judas Iscariot after he was cursed by God to become a vampire even if he an hero'd himself.
>>
>>92706283
>do the Virtual Adept even control anything?
They were the gatekeepers to the Web before the White Out, and they lost control of it ever since. For the worst, if we’re being honest.
>>
>>92705175
>Why are some of these yellow?
It's the site's way of saying it's a new entry

>I thought Saylot made the Baali, where does it say the Eldest did?
The lore of Old Clan Tzimisce heavily implies that The Eldest could be the Unnamed, one of the founders of the Baali. The lore states that before the flood, the Eldest found a city with a well full of horrific rituals where people worshipped great beasts beneath the earth, heavily implied to be the Earthbound, but the Eldest decided to enlighten them on what true "evil" was and crawled inside the well.

>What became of the 2nd Generation?
Many possible answers. Diablerized, sent into torpor, simply murdered. If you believe some interpretations, some of the Antediluvians were of the 2nd generation (such as Zapathustra)
>>
>>92706662
>be a 2nd generation, a true blood god not dissimilar in power to Caine himself and at least 6000 years old
>Wake up to have a snack
>Last a week fighting against the weird weebs who keep screaming their attack names at you
>Get killed by juicy apes with shiny mirrors and fireworks
Grim
>>
I've accidentally added a cainite racist to my chronicle. What are some good ways that kindred may prove the superiority of their blood and the inferiority of other clans?

He's a toreador who firmly believes the Nosferatu, Gangrene and Tzimisce are lesser, due to their natural attunement to animals through their clan disciplines.
>>
>>92707100
>Nosferatu, Gangrene and Tzimisce are lesser, due to their natural attunement to animals through their clan disciplines.
That's true, though.
>>
>>92707104
Well, yes. You, I and all the other posters here know it. People that played bloodlines once over a decade know it. Normies that know the absolute basics of the setting know it. Alas, some in setting actually see value in those clans, how would a scholar and a Saint prove to his kindred blood brothers that we need a great crusade against the animal clans.
>>
>>92707115
The fact those three are gargoyle ingredients should be enough. Ever wondered why it doesn't work with other clans? Only shitty G*ngrel, Nosferats and Trannymisces are debased enough to be used.
But anyway just document every single instance of those guys acting like animals and retards while ignoring the (admittedly rare) counterexamples.
Make a satirical movie.
>>
>>92707100
The Nosferatu are deformed and must hide from everyone else and their Antediluvian wants to annihilate them all. Their natural affinity with animalism, as opposed to their hunter origins with Zillah's embrace of Absimiliard show that their very blood is tainted with animalistic thoughts. Animals cannot even serve as food for a cainite of a sufficiently advanced age, for heaven's sake, and the Nosferatu make use of RATS as spies. They congregate as a clan despite different political allegiances, imagine how many secrets they have traded with one another, screwing the rest of us over.
The Gangrel literally start to look like animals and these changes can become permanent. Imagine being 800 years old but you look as ugly a a Nosferatu because you couldn't control your own beast. At least the Nosferatu were cursed with their fate, a Gangrel chose his.
Tzimisce are always evil, every single one. They are chosen for their ability to treat human beings like clay, and the Eldest was never really human or vampire if you think about it. The "original" clan even gain power from worshiping Kupala, a demon! If that is not evidence of their wretchedness then I don't know what is.
>>
>>92707104
>>92707115
>>92707127
>>92707180
>ITT: Toreatrannies seething that Nosschads exposed them for grooming minors on trannycord
>>
>>92707191
>Toreatrannies
I'm >>92707104
>>92707127
Wrong clan, try again.

>Nosschads
kek
>>
>>92707216
>never denied grooming minors
typical toreatroon
>>
>>92707225
>nosferat can't read
Animalism is a hell of drug.
>>
>>92705768

They are so-called ancient ghouls who have methusalahs as master. These ghouls have been around millennia and have a working command of disciplines. Won't be enough to overpower their master, but they could probably take on a fledgling or two easily enough.
>>
>>92707191
Do great artists paint over used canvases or sculpt from existing statues? No. The toreador know that the best art comes from carefully moulding virgin clay or carefully working a blank canvas
>>
>>92705768
One of the VTM books has a biker gang of independent ghouls that rampage around doing basically that, can't recall what edition though.
>>
File: v20companion.jpg (127 KB, 331x660)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>92704724
>There being a entire island where vampires rule dark age peasants in the final night (forgot the name but i think it was in the v20 book with scrapped locations that didn’t make it into the core book)

yeah Utgård acording to norse myth is meant to be place(possibly invisible castle) the giants got exiled to which is why you don't see any around right now

in vtm it's a island where doomsday prepper vampires who think that the world already ended keep their human cattle on dark age level
>>
>>92706080
there are some more gargoyle varriants and tremere creations in house of tremere, but no real gargoyle creatures and the dav20 france book has werewolf gargoyles
>>
>>92707333
>Ventrue
I’m surprised, you’d think they’d starve, unless they’re Ventrue with such a wide-open feeding requirement as to be practically not a weakness at all.
>>
>>92707523
ventrue can go into topor to reset their feeding restriction in the case that nobody that fits is around

alternativly there are enough vampires around to feed on them
>>
>>92707333
>45+ Kindred
>only 300 mortals, who also do all the same work

I call bullshit, if we round up to 50 for the sake of math, that's only 6 mortals per vampire. They'd all die of anemia within a year.
>>
>>92707681
it think it's meant to work because as the first paragraph says these guys sleep for months and also stay awake for months, meaning they only need 45 blood points every few months to wake up

still gonna suck for everyone involved, but then again these morons think they live in a post apocalypse
>>
>>92707828
Maybe, but that's still cutting it dangerously close, especially when considering the lack of modern medicine to treat the anemics.

Plus you'd need ghouls to protect you during the sunny months, and that's more blood down the drain. Every person who dies means more blood that has to be taken from the rest, you could easily have a cascade of deaths afterwards. I'd say a dozen would be a more reasonable number.
>>
>>92706432
A compulsion to walk out into the sun
>>
>>92707100
Their bodies & blood are literally unstable. They mutate & degenerate right before our eyes. That's all the proof I need.
>>92707509
Damn that sounds cool. I can't find dav20 France by Night in the usual places though
>>
>>92706312
The SCP foundation is similar to a lot of different things because of the sheer volume of stuff they have described. Even if you can draw plenty of 1-1 parallels with WoD/CofD I wouldn't say they copied them unless confirmed.
>>92705955
>Taking a bit of your own out to make a soulstone reduces your potential max gnosis by 1, but is a useful tool for spellcasting or creating a demesne.
Maybe I am misremembering shit but the soul ''just'' sounds like a mystical organ. Sure making one from scratch should be difficult but the ''no you can't do it'' angle is out of place in the reality warping game.
>>92706050
>Who’s in control of OnlyFans?
Syndicate seems to be the better fit.
>>
File: Zetrystan_Aten.png (419 KB, 750x1000)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>92706432
>Any suggestions for the weakness?
The Heavy Sleeper flaw and Hysteric derangement seem appropriate given Atenism.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (126 KB, 735x1004)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Are the mass combat rules from Dark Ages playable?
>>
>>92708087
>Sure making one from scratch should be difficult but the ''no you can't do it'' angle is out of place in the reality warping game.
You're someone who can directly edit the source code of reality, but it takes a lot to make it so the backups don't reset things. Creating a soul from nothing just isn't in the tools you have.
>>
>>92708211
Bruh.
>>
Why do we need to make a soul from scratch for our hypothetical squirrel-fu? Can't I just pump some spirit juice into her tight little squirrel soul until she's a proper woman?
>>
>>92708529
cofd runs on the medieval assumption that only humans have souls so squirrel souls aren't a thing
>>
>>92708535
Then how the fuck do squirrel spirits & ghosts exist?
>>
>>92708566
spirits and ghosts aren't undead in cofd,
there is a whole Geist related shitstorms that happens every few months in this thread because of this
>>
>>92708604
Mother of fuck I didn't know it was this bad. This is because CofD is too much of a bitch to take a proper stance on anything. At that point I guess the squirrel wouldn't even need a soul because you just wouldn't need one if it means that little. If you can be intelligent & biologically viable without a soul then what the fuck does a soul even do?
>>
File: download (5).jpg (37 KB, 540x813)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>92708529
CofD humans have special magic organs that generate Willpower, keep their Integrity together, protects them from possession and allow them to AWAKEN.
Without said magical organ(s?) our hypothetical squirrel-fu will have severe psychological and magical problems down the line. while you could use mind magic to lessen or solve this we are discussing how that might be avoided.
>>
>>92708635
"Makes you human in some intangible way," basically.
>>
>>92708635
CofD has very clear stances on both those things, and most other things that don't fall into the camp of "origin of all things", But what's actually the problem you're trying to solve here?
>>
>>92708635
>If you can be intelligent & biologically viable without a soul then what the fuck does a soul even do?
I gives you willpower, protects you from possession and stabilizes your mind. I am going to copy paste the soulless condition to see if I am missing something else.
>SOULLESS (PERSISTENT)
A creature or phenomenon has stripped the character of her soul. Without a soul, she can’t attempt abjuration, warding, or binding.
She is also more susceptible to possessio any dice pools to resist being taken over or possessed by another entity are at a -2 dice penalty.
The effects on Integrity and Willpower, though, are more severe.
For as long as she has this Condition, she does not regain Willpower through surrender or rest, and her use of Virtue and Vice is reversed.
She may regain one Willpower point per scene by fulfilling her Virtue, and regains full Willpower once per chapter by fulfilling her Vice.
Regaining Willpower through Vice, though, is now a breaking point with a -5 penalty unless the character has reached Integrity 1.
Beat: Gain a beat whenever the character loses Integrity because she indulged her Vice.
Resolution: This Condition is only resolved if the character regains her soul.
>>
>>92705955
>Taking a bit of your own out to make a soulstone reduces your potential max gnosis by 1, but is a useful tool for spellcasting or creating a demesne.
Also, considering you can transplant souls, there's not really anything stopping you cutting your soul into pieces for Soulstones, then ripping the last little bit out and replacing it with someone else's that you nicked (or, indeed, doing this multiple times) beyond the fact that most other supernaturals will be Bigly Mad™ if they find out.
>>
>>92708721
Couldn't you heal from the soul harvesting with some magical help? Something like a Death 5 + Prime (?)
>>
File: 1690457304079804.jpg (122 KB, 689x1200)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
tell me about your haven anon!
>>
>>92708767
sounds like a trap
>>
>>92708755
RAW, don't think so. If there's no soul in place, nothing except a Promethean's Pilgrimage can make a new one whole cloth. If you have a soul, but it's been splintered into Soul Stones, then you can only fix it by either re-absorbing the stones or by Soul Grafting someone else's stones. Player's Guide to the Contagion Chronicle also goes on to say that Mages can barely even interact with the souls of Deviants, because they're too fucked up and weird - such soul fuckery, if it is at all possible, is the domain of Archmages.
>>
>>92708718
So does every animal suffer the Soulless Condition? That doesn't make sense.

You can still stick your big fat soulstone into her, then Graft on a locally sourced gluten free soul between the two of you. That should work.
>>
>>92707681
180 is about what I want to myself for the Gehenna vault of my prophetic dreams, but that's with delusions of rebuilding.
>>
>>92708767
It looks like this. Come visit any time you want.
>>
Would a ghouled horse be able to pass health checks at a racetrack? Asking for a Ravnos
>>
>>92709384
are blood tests for doping common in horse racing?
>>
>>92709384
When substantial amount of money is being wagered on the result, it's safe to assume the testing will be rather thorough. So getting away with any hypothetical cheating will lagely depend on quality of the cover up - mundane or supernatural.
Radnom bit of trivia - Quran forbids gambling, but betting on horse races, archery contests, and falconry competitions is fine since those are "contests of skill" rather than "games of chance".
>>
>>92709415
Fortunes are made or lost at the tracks. Doping & other tactics to make horses run better, or faster, or not tire are a huge & have been prolific. Drugging the horse or the jocky, swapping horses, kidnapping horses, it's a big deal. I was just wondering if a ghouled horse or maybe even some kind of revenant Blooded thoroughbred would show up some how on tests
>>
>>92709591
we know (human) ghouls have to avoid blood tests at all costs, but i don't remember where

if this isn't just a faulty memory of mine then a ghouled animal would also show up on tests (if the horse isn't just frenzing on having blood drawn)
>>
>>92708839
No, I meant as in restoring a wounded one or manipulating the process that creates or moves them so the target gains one.
So for example, you manipulate a pregnancy so it generates a pair of twins. When both get a soul you transfer one of the souls so the target before fusing the twins.
>>
>>92709636
I forgor the pic.
>>
>>92708216
"Bruh" what? That's how it works in Awakening. Do you think the Tremere would be going around stealing people's souls to eat for immortality if they could just make them?
>>
>>92709591
Clueless kine won't be able to tell the difference, but any place where fortunes are lost and made is likely to be involved with more than just clueless kine. At best the track stands on somebody's domain and that somebody will have one of his ghouls supervising the operation. At worst there's Pentex testing out their harmless and perfectly legal animal feed supplements, and you've just unwittingly contaminated their sample specimen.
>>
>>92709690
>Do you think the Tremere would be going around stealing people's souls to eat for immortality if they could just make them?
Yes, because the Tremere.
>>
>>92708955
No, because they didn't have them to begin with.
>>
>>92709723
So why would transforming a squirrel into a human shape & intelligence burden them with the soulless condition? If they have a squirrelly proto-soul to begin with, then that wouldn't change just because you altered the meat
>>
>>92709743
It'd still just be a squirrel, but the goal was to try to turn them into a human, no? It's a fucking stupid plan, it'd be easier to just use life to mutate someone into a squirrel person. Make some furry's dream come true.
>>
>>92708635
I think some descriptions of the Astral say that humans are the only beings with individual souls, everything else is part of the cosmic soul, including inanimate things.
>>
>>92710476
Right so why would a squirrel suddenly loose connection to this totemic oversoul/protocol just because it's human shaped? They don't suddenly become Soulless. Sure squirrel-fu won't become Awakened, but she isn't walking around with a metaphysical hole that needs filling. Hell just bind her to you like a familiar or something
>>
Damn, today has been rather slow.
Anyway, how was your last session?
>>
>>92712112
We continue to progress down the Congo river towards our goal, an ancient city filled with ape-men. We got into a fight with one of the ape-men's outpost villages, fortunately they seemed to underestimate us and we got the better of them in a ranged engagement. Gun v.s. Bow.

Everything seemed like it was doomed though when one of them entered a mighty hybrid form and leaped onto our deck, damn near killing one of us. However, our employer used a supernatural tranquilizer on the thing and brought it down before it could go completely berserk. He then slapped a collar on it before it could awaken, and it's in a sort of comatose state ever since.

We managed to figure out that they're harmed by gold and thus we have been hastily melting some down into gold bullets. We've almost reached our destination, and if we can still one of the seeds from their sacred tree and escape, we'll all be filthy rich.

Out of character, we're a bunch of mercenaries working for Pentex (though I haven't figured out the exact paper trail out of character yet), stealing some magic shit as well as the first test subject for the creation of the Yeren.
>>
Is there any legitimate way for a kindred to get a dinosaur, or dinosaur-like creature?
>>
>>92712324
befriend a mokolé?
>>
>>92712319
>Out of character, we're a bunch of mercenaries working for Pentex (though I haven't figured out the exact paper trail out of character yet), stealing some magic shit as well as the first test subject for the creation of the Yeren
Neat stuff, Lets hope you get to become a ancestor totem, because lets be honest any hope for actual survival is long gone at this point.
>>92712324
>Is there any legitimate way for a kindred to get a dinosaur, or dinosaur-like creature?
Elder Vicissitude.
>>
>>92710812
The biggest problem is they wouldn't be good at being human. The easiest way to deal with it would probably be to use Mind to create/alter a Goetia who can Claim it.
>>
>>92712324
Necromantic ritual?
>>
>>92712324
Necromancy. Bone Path 3rd level, just break into a museum and steal the biggest dino skeleton you can find.
>>
>>92712343
I half expect us to either get possessed by Banes for a power-up, or for him to give us some Pentex bullshit equipment to even the scale.

We don't plan on fighting, just sneaking in, stealing some shit, and running(boating) for the hills. We have enough gold bullets to kill maybe one or two, but any more than that and we're in trouble.
>>
>>92712324
Chimerstry 9 - Truths of the Universe: Make a created illusion permanently real.
Protean 8 - Mythic Form: Transform into a specific mythic creature.
Temporis 8 - Clio's Kiss: Bring something or someone from the past into the present.
>>
>>92712435
We Harry Dresden now
>>
>>92712448
>Chimerstry 9 - Truths of the Universe: Make a created illusion permanently real.
Ravnos-sama, I kneel
>>
Does a vampire have to drink blood through the neck or does it not matter as long as they hit a vein?
>>
>>92712448
>Chimerstry 9 - Truths of the Universe: Make a created illusion permanently real.
The funny part, you could replicate this with a Fortitude Combo Discipline.
>>
>>92712490
You can drain from anywhere as long as there is blood to draw. you could bite someone's toe and drink them dry.
>>
>>92712324
>get ghoul chickens and space
>feed as much vitae as they'll take and allow breeding until crowded
>cease all feeding until there's like six left alive
>resume feeding, rebuild population
>repeat until devolved or hyperintelligent
>>
File: Art_of_Mindy_Lee_179.jpg (152 KB, 1000x1012)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
Does the vampire's ability to heal wounds they cause apply to anything besides their fangs to feed gently? For example, the vampire is feeding from a mortal but ends up causing a aggravated wound as she is yanked from her meal. Could she lick away the aggravated wound?
>>
>>92712551
The chicken hunger games.
>>
>>92712580
Licking the wound has cosmetic effects, it doesn't restore health levels, so in your case I would say you can't lick the wound away.
>>
>>92703049
Player came up with exactly this for their sire in a game of mine. He was called The Sphinx, he was one of the most fun NPCs I've ever played and I didn't even create him.
>>
File: 1713108624120237.jpg (60 KB, 580x1289)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>92712817
Speaking of the Nosferatu, how much humiliation would a Nosferatu be in for trying to create a Cleopatra and creating a Caitiff instead?
Would that be too much for a Dark Secret flaw?
>>
>>92712817
Nice. I might steal that name btw. It's a good name for an enigmatic Elder
>>
>>92712418
Most bones in a museum are actually fake, but it's a good idea, I just don't have any Necromancy & I dont think it would work for my purposes. I need a living dino to turn into a Gargoyle Creature. I want a badass stone dragon guarding my crypt. I could settle for a handful of Gargoyle Komodo Dragons or something though. Been contemplating if chimpanzees would be worth it. "Fly my pretties fly!" & all that.
>>
>>92713060
Time to adapt the gargoyle ritual for mokole.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (102 KB, 736x736)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
What would the Other Mother be in WoD? high rank bane?
>>
>>92713312
Yeah, Bane seems like the most likely culprit.

I know that Forsaken has a Magath who basically is her as well - Granny Stitch - and Magath are pretty closely conceptually related to WTA Banes.
>>
File: SymbolThinBloodsV5.png (14 KB, 480x480)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
What are some movies/TV shows have WoD vibes? I need to jog my brain with inspiration
>>
>>92713482
Svankmajer's Faust.
>>
>>92713085
I don't think that's possible but now that the gears are turning I'm thinking of using Populate the Night's Garden to splice a komodo dragon with a chimp to make a lizard-ape, komodo head, tail, claws & scales, primate body design. Then get them to true breed enough to be turned into a Gargoyle Creature. They'll be cool little stone dragon dudes chilling in my haven, maybe carrying out hits when I need to.
>>
>>92709636
I imagine there's a Tremere in a lab somewhere doing some deeply fucked up lunch experiments, which as a side effect, have given a definitive answer to any abortion questions.
>>
>>92713434
What is she a Magath of? Crafting and Flesh?
>>
>>92713482
There is some official media. You can watch Kindred: The Embraced if you don't mind eating out of a fucking garbage can. There's also the web series they released on Steam, Judas Goat, and that's not too bad. Underworld was also considered close enough to WoD that they sued them over it.

>>92713588
Adventure and Fear.
>>
>>92713573
Its just one of those things where you can look at and force the ST to answer yes or no.
>>
>>92713601
>Adventure and Fear.
Huh... that seems weirdly synergistic.
>>
>>92708127
This is the lore I wrote so far for them even if wonky, but may take the Heavy Sleeper flaw with modifications.

>The children of Sutekh were not the only vampires to have arisen in the sands of the Kemet. According to some tales, there was a god named Aten who is one of the sun deities of Egypt. He was a jealous god, for he envied both Sutekh and Osiris for he sought the position of chief sun god from Ra as he retired. He also had other ambitions for he wanted to be the only god beloved by all.

>Out of arrogance and self-righteousness, he ventured into the Underworld to slay Apophis once and for all but the dark serpent consumed him and was spat out. His light was nothing more than a flicker of his former glory. When he returned to the city of gods, he was cast out for he was an abomination like his brother Set.

>As revenge, he sired his priests and claimed he was the only god deserving of worship. When a mortal pharaoh worshiped him, he and his children influenced him to suppress the worship of other gods and proclaim him as the only true divinity. It lasted for 20 years until the Pharaoh's death. Out of anger for his insolence, Seth arose and slew Aten while the rest of his children hid through torpor and fled other lands. Aten's temples weren't just desecrated by Setites but by followers of other gods as well. In some versions, the vampire was merely a pretender and he was defeated by a priest of the real Aten with True Faith (and possibly one of the progenitors of the Celestial Chorus)

>Some of his childer who were still awake sired small broods, for larger ones may attract the attention of those who still seek vengeance for their blasphemy. Some hid among the Ancient Roman mystery cults as they syncretized with Sol Invictus and Mithras but a Ventrue methuselah going by that latter name ordered their persecution, as they tried to draw his followers into their hidden cults.

Cont.
>>
>>92713312
In CofD she's just a Gentry, one who lures in her changelings rather than kidnaps them.
>>
>>92713482
To be frank with you, I can't remember a single good urban fantasy series besides the big names like Buffy or Supernatural. I mostly just look internet horror bullshit and staple whatever I find interesting to the ''Story Seeds'' doc.
To make this a actually useful reply, here's an asshole who compiles a lot of internet horror bullshit, the way he talks is annoys the shit out of me but he compiles some interesting stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/@azfk/videos
>>
>>92713630
>When Christianity arose, some members of the clan thought Jesus was Aten in mortal form and revered him as his incarnation.

>There are even some who believe they are the angels of the Demiurge to those who adhere to Gnosticism. Vampires of Abrahamic creeds hate them for attempting to tie their founder and Yahweh into a single being. Hunters of varying religions who know of the Atenii despise them as demons pretending to be saints, prophets, bodhisattvas, and angels. In the modern nights, some Atenii strayed away from their clan's belief and pragmatically created self-serving cults of personality where they are usually their god, prophet to a deity they made up or savior figure. They usually solidify their cults by using their illusory powers to reveal supernatural phenomena, although some members of the Camarilla view it as masquerade-breaking.

>There is even a minor branch of the already small clan in the Modern Nights, as there were reports of vampires claiming to be descendants of Amaterasu. Some scholars believe the Atenii are not a clan but some divergent bloodline of the Ravnos that fell far from the tree, who were sired in Egypt by the wandering Antediluvian, some speculate they were an elaborate joke. Others claim their founder is a Salubri ancient who separated from Saulot's teachings and became self-serving (which may explain the disdain towards the other lost clan), others attribute that they are a strain of Dominate Malkavians that developed Chimersity instead of Dementation.

>For those who believe they are a clan, Noddists believe he is a childe of Enoch that came from the same land as Set. They believe that Aten was envious of both Set and Saulot, that he made a pact with Ravnos.

>Nicknames: Scions Of Aten's Light (Self Proclaimed), Demiurges, False Suns, Banu Dajjal (Ashirra), Atenii (Informal, Modern)

>Disciplines: Dominate, Chimersty, Celerity
>>
>>92713630
>>92713709
What do you have in mind in terms of Combo Powers? what was the reasoning for the discipline set?
>>
File: coraline.jpg (79 KB, 736x873)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>92713638
That does make sense.
>>
If I want to run what's basically a "dumb superheroes" game, which is better: Demon: the Descent or Demon: the Fallen?
>>
>>92713842
Neither of those two are really good at it. I'd suggest Deviant. It's literally X-Men.
>>
>>92713891
I mean "dumb superheroes" in the sense of playing Werewolf and just ripping up followers of the Wyrm while not dealing with any deeper themes, or Vampire and just murdering Sabbat and hunters while not dealing with any deeper themes, etc.
>>
>>92712112
I wrote about it a couple of threads back. My players heisted a newspaper office for information on one of their sources who they want to kidnap. It ended with them getting chased out of town by a pair of werewolves and one almost took the roof off the car with a single attack, almost took the Tremere's arm off with it, and was only fended off by a VERY well rolled shotgun blast full of silver to the chest.
>>
>>92713901
Fallen
>>
>>92713901
I mean you can do that by just ignoring the Web of Pain and Touchstones in Deviant. But if you're determined to go Demon, I'd suggest The Descent. Fallen is very front-loaded with mechanics that tie it heavily to the Christian Themes and Torment and the like, whereas Cover in DTD can be reflavoured as superhero secret identity shit, and it just has powers like "You are Deadshot."
>>
>Assamite - ???
>Brujah - Near Dark
>Gangrel - (Same as above?)
>Giovanni - Any given mafia story (Godfather, Goodfellas, et al)
>Lasombra - Bram Stoker Dracula (I know they made him a Tzimisce)
>Malkavian - ???
>Nosferatu - Duh
>Ravnos - ???
>Setites - ???
>Toreador - Anne Rice books
>Tremere - ???
>Tzimisce - Necroscope
>Venture - ???
Are there are any books or movies pre-VtM that could have inspired the above clans without any named works?
>>
>>92713987
I'm surprised the blast only "fended off" the werewolf, they can't soak silver outside of breed form, so a well rolled shotgun blast of silver should probably kill one.
>>
>>92713482
If you want Technocracy stuff and don't mind reading, I can put The Laundry Files forwards. If you are terminally zoomer brained and can't read a book then Bakemonogatari Noragami, Durarara!, or Baccano! are pretty good urban fantasy anime.
If you want to do anything with Orpheus, the first Ghostbusters movie is great inspiration.

>>92713601
>K:TE is a garbage can
You aren't wrong but it's pretty solid as far as garbage cans go. The actor who plays Prince Julian Luna holds the entire show on his shoulders so it's no surprise that they chose to cancel the second season after he died in a car accident.
>>
>>92714129
It did 5 agg damage and the last they saw was the other wolf stopping to help the bleeding one on the road as they sped off. If that Garou survives they'll be spending a while healing and probably have to get a kinfolk to pull the silver out.
>>
>>92714113
>Lasombra
>Dracula

I don't think he's a good Tzimisce either, but his powerset (sorcery aside) is Gangrel with a hint of Dominate.

Anyway Setites are clearly based on the Vampires from Conan.
>>
>>92714147
Huh. Not doubting your story but only 5 damage on an 8 dice weapon isn't what I'd call a VERY well rolled shot.
>>
>>92713434
>Magath are pretty closely conceptually related to WTA Banes
No really. They're just spirits trying to get by, it's just most of them are insane and none of them have anywhere they belong.
>>
>>92714177
It was very well rolled to hit at all. It was fired in a rush, from sitting inside a moving car that just had a werewolf land on the back. Yeah it could have done more but it didn't.
>>
>>92714113
>Brujah - Lost Boys
>Gangrel - Bram Stoker's Dracula
>Giovanni - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Hush)
>Malkavian - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Drusilla)
>Ravnos - What We Do In The Shadows
>Setites - Conan
>Tremere - Blade
>Venture - Underworld
>>
>>92713060
If you can get the actual bones you can mix them with the flesh of actual reptiles and biothaum to create a frankenstein dinosaur and that one counts as alive so a gargoyle could enbrace it
>>
>>92713842
>>92713901
Of the two? Descent. Its power sets are better suited to it and CofD combat beats oWoD combat by a lot imo. But it wouldn't have been my first pick when Deviant, or Forsaken exist.
>>
>>92714319
PRE-VtM.
>>
Who should buy WoD once Bloodlines 2 flops?
>>
Ventrue are the classic Bella Lugosi/Christopher Lee dinner-jacket wearing Dracula who compels people with his gaze and strongly prefers feeding on hot bitches (you'd be surprised how many Ventrue NPCs from 1e materials just feed on attractive women).
>>
>>92715023
Im afraid it’s very likely Paradox will just keep the ip while releasing a few shitty games/books once in a while.
>>
>>92715037
> you'd be surprised how many Ventrue NPCs from 1e materials just feed on attractive women
I mean… wouldn’t you?
>>
>>92715037
There is no way I'm biting a dude unless I'm trying to kill him. I'll take a Herd of hotties any day
>>
>>92715023
i'll do a kickstarter to buy the ip
>>
>>92715037
I imagine sexual preference is pretty common among Ventrue feeding requirements. Power dynamics would also be a common one given most Ventrue were powerful people in life. Things like drinking subordinates or physically/mentally/socially impressive mortals as a way of reinforcing your power over them.

Honestly though, the Ventrue Clan Curse is just fun in general. It's customizable and can be used as a way to further flesh out the character. It's also a good example of a curse that can really screw you over without being utterly crippling/forcing you to play a specific way.
>>
>>92715115
I think a former plantation owner who only drinks from black people is very apropos.
>>
>>92715078
$0.01 has been deposited to your kickstarter
>>
>>92705741
>Creepier than this general talking about Changeling.
Not going to lie, "i Ravage my maid" and "i camouflage and spy on the maid tending to the boy" are increasingly getting more common in my current game.
At least i got to acquire crispy (a woof) as a farmhand.

Also, how do i stop the rest of my motley from stalking after my employees/wasting time and resources on forcing them to fall in love with eachother?
>>
>>92715037
Yeah, especially in the context of the original 7 clans being all there was at first, Ventrue were very obviously the catch-all for aristocratic vampires. I never liked Drac being a Tzimisce, or really even a canon character at all, he should have been a legend at most.
>>
>>92715435
Tell your players to masturbate before each session.
>>
>>92715527
But i AM a player...
>>
>>92715533
Lead by example, then.
>>
>>92713773
If they have combi disciplines, they would use their dominate for their illusions to add subliminal messaging and they would also combine celerity so their attacks are blinding.

ngl, I only gave them Dominate and Celerity because it's an uncommon discipline set.
>>
I think city gangrel are neat
>>
>>92713482
Might be worth checking out Forever Knight. It always reminded me Highlander but w/a vampire detective as the MC.
>>
>>92715648
Yeah but there is not all that much talk about them.
>>92715541
So dominate + celerity would allow them to command people in the blink of an eye and dominate + Chimersty would allow the user to dictate the reactions of their opponents, how would Chimersty + Celerity play out?
>>
>>92715435
>Have a mostly fluff session
>Get surprised when the players start to fuck around with the NPCs.
Bruh.
>>
>>92714113
>Malkavian
Interview with the Vampire, the boon specifically. Lestat and his brood are all Malkavian Caitiff, Louis has the Melancholic derangement, Lestat is Dependant, and Claudia is Histrionic. They take to passing themselves off as eccentric Toreadors.
>>
>>92706312
Reject SCP.
Embrace MIB.
>>
>>92715826
Wasn't that sub faction absolute dogshit?
>>
>>92712849
any self respecting nosferatu would just kill any caitiff spawn they have
>>
>>92715890
Men in Black movies and cartoon existed way before SCP, which has a better Technocracy vibe than SCP.
Hell, even Totally Spies! has a better Technocracy vibes.
>>
What book can I read to learn more about Koldunic Sorcery, how it works, etc.? I want to use it in the campaign, but I've only just heard about it.
>>
>>92715962
v20: v20 corebook, v20 rites of blood, V20 - The Black Hand A Guide to the TalMaRahe, dav20 tome of secrets

revised and dav(rules wise they are pretty much the same as above safe for some rituals but sometimes they mention some lore bits the v20 books don't): Blood Magic: Secrets of Thaumaturgy, players guide to the high clans (if i am not mistaken it's the first showing of it as a discipline as in the tzimice clan books it's just a title for tzimisce thaum users), sins of the blood

v5: blood sigil

sounds like a lot, but it's usually just part of a chapter in each book and you don't need all of it
>>
File: Yuriko.jpg (35 KB, 627x439)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
So I've had this idea for a while for storytelling a hunter game (vigil or reckoning) specifically for if/when I get a player with high social stats/looks.Essentially they look *so* good that they catch the attention of a toreador who decides that they now want the hunter pc as a pet. The campaign I'm planning would take place in a relatively small and isolated town, so that players will bump into other supernaturals throughout their daily lives as well as hunting, and have to keep up a good cover lest they want to be found out. So the toreador wouldn't know they where lusting after a hunter initially, they just saw a pretty human that they want to own body and soul. (but not just use domination magic/powers because thats cheating, they want the pc to want them of their own volition) what do you guys think? I was thinking of this as a sort of complication of sorts I could throw into a game for players to deal with if they rely on charisma and looks a lot.
>>
>>92715919
Ah you meant the actual franchise. I thought you were talking about the WoD group.
I have heard good things about the cartoon before but I'm only familiar with the movies.
>>
File: IMG_20240427_214549.jpg (273 KB, 1200x1200)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
Good morning everyone, my friends and I are dealing with werewolf magic items and want an alternative name for Fetish since the name is just getting annoying because of the same 5 jokes every other session.
Any ideas what would be a good alternative names?
>>
>>92716361
Focus? Talisman? Trinket?
>>
>>92716361
>Any ideas what would be a good alternative names?
Kink?
>>
>>92716117
>what do you guys think?
That you would need to plan a lot of stuff to make this viable at the table. Either that or the player would need to cooperate on a meta level to make that work.
>>92716361
Trapping? Bindings?
>>92716448
Talisman seems like a good option.
>>
>>92716361
Wasn't there a first tongue word for that?
>>92716117
Imagine having to play a wage slave hunter... At that point you might as well sit down and die.
>>
Is Exalted versus World of Darkness playable or is it as janky as the original game?
>>
>>92717515
not everyone can fully dedicate themselves to the hunt, they have family and obligations they still have to uphold. (and this would be the first time we are playing hunter/WoD so I want to ease them into it a bit)
>>
>>92717583
I understand, it is just funny to imagine how some guys start and cope with the long term Vigil while having a normal legal job.
>>
>>92717688
>>
>>92717740
He chose to be in that position.
>>
>>92702978
>Cock Robin
'Cause when your heart is weak
I'm gonna pick the lock on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRnNpLOhn1Q
>>
>>92716361
Grow up. Use fetish like intended.
>>
>>92718101
No. That name is shit and should be changed.
>>
>>92716361
Idol seems like a decent option.
>>
File: BelowTheWater.jpg (113 KB, 1124x1433)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>92717688
Well so far one of my players is making a licensed doctor while the other is an aging local fisherman, so so far the players have reasonable flexability, though the doctors got college debt (iirc) and the fisherman needs to make sure he make regular fishing trips to sell on the market to keep the lights on in his house. the fisherman is also a visionary so i'll fuck with him while he's at sea.
>>
File: gottem.png (700 KB, 1059x675)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
>>92717515
>>92717583
>>92717688
Part of the fun of the story is seeing how your hunter balances their normal life against the hunt.

Bob the garbage man still has to do his pickup routine and all the fucking paperwork. But he's the team's intel gatherer and "bossman", and keeps up contact with the city's workers who know everything. He has no life, he has no friends, and no social life... except for this dive bar named Mack's on the lower east side. He has no idea it's also a hangout for a coterie of nossie neonates, but the burgers are good.

Mary has to explain to her wife how the fuck his femur got snapped in three places, yet another expense they can't afford. There'll be a fight tonight because she forgot to cover up the smell of gunpowder that automatic weapons leave behind.

Sally has wash the blood off from bashing a werewolf's brain in with her baseball bat and be home in time to make breakfast for her kids and husband. But she does this for her kids, and the man she loves, and she's terrified that one day the monsters will target them. Incidentally she's started drinking and taking "caffine pills" when nobody is looking.

Rico has to muddle his way through his shift at O'tully's burgers n shit after pulling an all nighter. No idea what that "dance the black spiral" shit the wolf screamed about was. But he overheard the fat ass in the booth over there is talking about it. He's picked up smoking due to the stress, and is starting to be tempted to start robbing the monsters they kill to help pay off his student loans, and maybe help Mary with her situation. He wishes he could've afforded materials for a proper cast.
>>
>>92718125
The name is the proper fucking name, it's not my fault some asshat used it to describe psycho-sexual obsessions, & consequently ruined your identity of the word when sexual deviancy catapulted into the the mainstream
>>
>>92715135
had a player once make a jewish ventrue that could only feed on people who were openly nazis, meant he had too keep them around and active so he wouldn't starve which this being the world of darkness meant a lot of hate crimes he indirectly caused by secretly funding and promoting these groups. at one point even he got attacked by them lol
>>
File: 473919.jpg (109 KB, 612x792)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Sup /tg/, been a while. Recently been getting back into CofD again after a long hiatus (been playing other games like Star Wars FFG and Pathfinder 2e instead).

What is your favorite splat /tg/? Mine is probably Changeling: the Lost. I really wish more people would give that splat a chance.

Speaking of, anyone got the relatively new The Hedge PDF by any chance and willing to share it with me?
>>
>>92718270
I like the idea of the blue collar guy who murders monsters to protect his kids but at the same time ends up hating himself for not being there. Happy ending is that they love him anyway & he's always there when it matters, & the kids & wife don't think he's an asshole. Bad ending is when the wife divorces him & the kids hate him & think he's a deadbeat. Worst ending is the monsters follow him back home.
>>
>>92718422
>>92718422
>What is your favorite splat /tg/?
At this second it's either DtR or DtD, but VtR and WtF are never far behind and it changes on the day. All 4 are incredible IMO.
>>
File: vicky.png (987 KB, 581x935)
987 KB
987 KB PNG
>>92718434
Do it to it. Part of the appeal of hunter is you can make any person, and you have an instant story as the supernatural slams into their lives like a truck, except unlike the rest of the world, they believe, rightly or wrongly, that they can do something about that.

>>92718422
Been on a changeling kick myself, wish I could help. Had a lot of fun with a former cheer queen from the 80s, now in 2023 with the powers (and gentlemanly mannerisms) of the white rabbit.
White rabbit my jefferson airplane, and 1985 by bowling for soup were my insperation.
>>
File: Technocracy[1].png (128 KB, 755x712)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
What causes this phenomenon?
>>
File: HunterGroup.png (742 KB, 1067x660)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>92718422
I love the misfit feel of hunters, and the added paranoia of knowing that you are the smallest fish in the pond, with some real nasty pondmates
>>
>>92718422
Werewolf the Forsaken easily, also Hunter and Vampire. I adore the idea of Promethean but haven't played it (many such cases)
>>
>>92718525
who's this semen demon
>>
>>92718422
Gotta go to Hunters. There are so many cool stories you can tell with it
>>
>>92718422
Tough question. I do the most with Vampire but I find the themes of (both) Changelings and Wraith appealing too.
>>
File: vicky.jpg (3.13 MB, 2866x2024)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
>>92718525
Smiling cat in the corner? Cheshire.
Vicky spent 40 years living as a gentleman at a wonderland themed court. Think a mix of decadent french nobles that need to be guillotined and cenobites who saw human dreams about alice in wonderland and liked them.
She was a queen bitch, so she actually fit in well enough to get "accidently" re-headed going from alice to white rabbit.
Cheshire was the white rabbit's best bud during his durance. Occasionally pops in to check on his best bro, now that he's strutting around in a human body.

Vicky's a member of the local spring court. Using her skills as a mystical master servant and fairest to be the one organizing all those underground parties cops have to break up.
If you've ever been to spring break you know these people. The girl making sure the catering's on time, the band is sober, there's enough booze, drugs, ect on hand, a crash/cooldown room is ready, a few paramedics on call, and that the cops are properly bribed to ignore the noise complaints from karen.

Glamour farmin humans by getting them to have a good time and get laid ain't much. But it's honest fairy work.
Along with cracking gentry skulls...
>>
>>92718270
>and is starting to be tempted to start robbing the monsters they kill to help pay off his student loans,
Bro, why wouldn't you? you are already a murderer for all practical purposes, the looting charges are the least of your god damn worries.
>>
>>92718422
Hunter: the Vigil, easily. The best and most well-rounded Hunter game ever made.
>>
>>92718949
>glamour
oh yeah thats one reason I like reckoning so much, with second sight on hunters just can't get compelled/glamoured/mind controlled, and its amazing seeing a supernatural's shock and disbelief
>>
>>92718985
Part of the fun is having people like Rico square that circle.
Hunters are normie ass humans at least at first. They don't start off with murder-hobo in their hearts like a video game protag.

>>92719125
Yup. I've used her as an enemy in hunter chronicles too. Though converted it from Lost to Dreaming logic. As long as you're having a good time you're shitting out glamour as a human. But if she tries to use enchantments they bounce off hunters.

Congrats you are no longer a normie. You are so Woke and/or Based the pooka has to go for her 12 gauge, and call the bouncers.
>>
>>92718485
I never played DtR, reading through the book I felt like the fantasy of Deviant really speaks to me but I'm not sure how I feel about the mechanics of the splat. I do love Demon and of course Vampire never gets old.

>>92718525
Do you have any particular setting you prefer for Changeling games? I really love Victorian Lost and think the Victorian era is absolutely perfect for Changeling, though I also had this idea for an Interwar Changeling game with a focus on the Lost generation, the generation of men who went to fight in WW1 and came back feeling lost and alienated from society. There's a powerful thematic overlap there with Changeling.

>>92718672
I like Hunter at its core but I feel like some of the compacts and conspiracies are a little too ridiculous for my taste. I think turning hunters into supernaturals themselves is a mistake. Hunter games are best served when your characters remain perfectly ordinary human beings in an extraordinary situation.

>>92718713
What do you like about Werewolf in particular?

>>92718731
What's your favorite story or type of story for Hunter?

>>92718855
Which themes of Changeling do you like the most?

>>92719038
That's a low bar to clear given how absolutely horrendous Hunter: the Reckoning was.
>>
>>92718985
Thoughts like where a monster got money and if I'm preventing victims made whole by its recovery, if it has cursed residue, if the FBI is already tracking the serial numbers and it enters evidence with my fingerprints on it.
>>
>>92719587
I'm also counting things like Hunters Hunted and non-WoD games. Vigil is so great because of the wide variety of games you can run with it. Average Joes thrown into the world of the supernatural with nothing but grit and 12 gauges? Easy. A world of many conspiracies and mystical orders that only vaguely align sometimes? Done. And you can do basically anything inbetween. It's so versatile you can make monsters for whatever purpose you desire. I think Vigil is an excellent expansion on the original idea in Hunters Hunted of a book all about the various mortals who fight and sometimes study the supernatural.
>>
>>92719440
>They don't start off with murder-hobo in their hearts like a video game protag.
LeL, lmao even.
>>92719694
Besides the victims recovering the money, because we know that quite simply doesn't happen, those are fair concerns.
>>
>>92719587
>but I'm not sure how I feel about the mechanics of the splat.
Which parts in particular, and why?
>>
>>92714319
>>92714113

I always guessed the Egyptian part of the Setites was from things like The Hunger, or that Queen of the Damned Anne Rice thingie.

For Ravnos I want to say that Near Dark and Nomads might have influenced the roaming vampires idea?
>>
File: Von Yeetus.png (649 KB, 434x792)
649 KB
649 KB PNG
>>92719869
The players playing them may be murderhobos... maybe... But like with most WoD characters. They don't start out like that. Which provides backstory.

How did Cleetus von Yeetus go from fixing cars in a small town in bavaria and taking care of his nana to roasting some former SS Ventrue in the back alley of Görlitz using a homemade flammenwurfer?
>>
>>92717542
It's only as janky as WoD usually is.
>>
>>92718422
Mine is Forsaken. I feel like it's really underappreciated.
>>
>>92718640
the original writers being actual 80 and 90 hippies and the average table top gamer not being one
>>
>>92718640
>>92720543
That and they didn't read nonfiction much.
>>
File: OIG.9qx.jpg (283 KB, 1024x1024)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
About to head to a chargen/'session zero' for a game of W5.
>>
File: download (11).jpg (99 KB, 736x1028)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>92720486
>I feel like it's really underappreciated.
It is good but it is not as entertaining to talk about.
>>92718640
>>92720543
The Problem with Ascension is that the Technocracy has won too hard for the other factions to be playable.
>>
>>92720722
I hope you have a good time. Play a Glass Walker if you can, I want to see how they massacred my favorites.
>>
>>92719587
>Which themes of Changeling do you like the most?
-fae in general
-capricious non-benevolent fae
-the dark-forest-hedge beautiful madness vibe
-seasonality
-contract law
-the death of imagination/death of the soul/banality concept
>>
>>92720744
I'm going with Shadow Lord I think
>>
>>92718640
It came at the price of our soul
>>
>>92721287
What soul?
>>
>>92719587
>I like Hunter at its core but I feel like some of the compacts and conspiracies are a little too ridiculous for my taste. I think turning hunters into supernaturals themselves is a mistake. Hunter games are best served when your characters remain perfectly ordinary human beings in an extraordinary situation.

Name one show (not movie) that had normal humans with no special powers from start to finish. Somebody is gonna have some sort of power from dhampirs to werewolves to witches.
>>
File: 1662402552385896.jpg (287 KB, 1976x2259)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
What's the worst job for a Vigil Hunter? what's the worst job for an Imbued?
>>
>>92721811
for an imbued? I think any service job where they have to stand face to face with a lot of different people day to day, its hard to stay focused on your customer's order when that guy 2 people behind them stinks of death and rot
>>
>>92721833
Think of a visionary who's just a normal ass bartender and passively passes that to others.
>>92721367
Honestly, I don't remember any.
>>
File: ChangelingCostume.jpg (354 KB, 700x700)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>92721811
Wendys.
I mean, Chrischan got fired.
>>
>>92719587
I kinda like the idea of hunter's having slight powers, like the reason they are called edges are because they give an edge over the enemy, but I think reckoning made those too strong.Hunter powers should be very slight and pale in comparison to any supernatural, only really there to give the hunter a slightly better chance of surviving and fighting back.
>>
>>92721854
that might be a good method to gather info, I was assuming anon's question was moreso about the mental health of a hunter and how taxing their day job is on their alreadt waning sanitt
>>
>>92721811
Working anywhere in England
>Everything is haunted
>>
>>92721889
I was thinking of ''what job would have the least applicable skills and most numerous obstacles to the hunt''
>>92721910
Wasn't England a shit show for everyone supernatural.
>>
>>92721811
Factory work.

Not only does your life revolve around your shift, but you're locked in place with no free time to cut out for lunch, meet people, or multitasking some research while doing your routine job.
>>
>>92721875
>I kinda like the idea of hunter's having slight powers
That's what the universal occult bullshit is for but no one uses that shit.
>>
>>92722067
Has too much access to solvents and forklifts to be the worst.
>>
What clan would Perseus (aka the vampire who inspired the myth) belong to? I picture him as a really confident narccissistic but heroic jock. Smart and cunning but physically oriented.

Brujah? The noble greek scholarly jock clan: physical powerhouse with Presence to be loved by the masses.

Toreador? The OG "art of the sword" Toreador that jerks off to his epics and his looks. Presence for worship of the masses, Celerity for the mythic feats and Auspex to see Medusa with his eyes closed. Romantic/Byronic hero feel.

Lasombra? No reflection on his mirror-polished shield and Obtenebration for the Helm of Hades? Romantic/Byronic hero feel number two, also narcissist extraordinaire.

Ventrue? Considers himself the rightful ruler of the world as Ventrue's favorite male childe, just as Ventrue was assumingly favored by Caine? The other greek jock clan makes sense with son of Zeus in mythology.
>>
>>92722214
Depends on where you'd place Athena methinks

Brujah for Brains + Brawn

The juiciest option is Setite because Set = Foreign Storm God = Zeus
>>
>>92709715
I'm tired of these baseless accusations
>>
>>92722865
Tell us, are they wrong?
>>
>>92722903
oy vey, shut it down and retreat to the chantry
>>
>mages use their reality bending powers to...take random animals and try to make their waifu's irl in mad science experiments
no wonder the messengers want them taken out
>>
>>92722146
Nah they got cameras to fire you if you step out of line for even a minute. But not if you die
>>
File: 1700333943240920.jpg (103 KB, 1024x1024)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>92722214
>What clan would Perseus (aka the vampire who inspired the myth) belong to?
City Gangrel and the whole ass myth is just an elaborate story to show what he got from Diablerizing Medusa (Some poor Follower of Set).
>>
>>92722054
Do you think I was joking about that haunted comment?
There be Werewolves, There be Vampires and most certainly There be Dragons
>>
File: 1698000607514271.jpg (57 KB, 363x363)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>92722936
They know they are next.
>>
>>92722957
Then, they'll fire you? You aren't coming back from a hunt that needs uparmored construction equipment.
>>
>>92715568
>ngl, I only gave them Dominate and Celerity because it's an uncommon discipline set.
You could allow them to command people so fast they couldn't even notice.
>>
>>92723078
The start of a good murder hobo career.
>>
>>92722982
Medusa is a Nosferatu
>>
>>92723206
2 kindred are larping as the same myth.
>>
We just did chargen for W5 tonight, I'm the only one familiar with WoD among the group so it took all night. (My friend bought the book at a con table and wants to run it so we're playing it while we take a break from D&D)

I went with a Shadow Lord ahroun, Cassandra Kovacic aka Cassie Bloody-Songbird, stage name Wulfsturmfuhrer KK as vocalist and rhythm guitarist for the far right black/death metal band Lupus Kommando 666. I'm excited at least to be a tank because I pretty much always play the caster. Took three dots in Perform and some other thematic skills.

Other players are a Gale Stalker (aka nu-Wendigo) Ragabash and a Ghost Council (nu-Uktena) Theurge.
>>
>>92722556
Tinia is etrurian Zeus and is a Ventrue
>>
>>92722556
>Brujah
>Brains

Name a single smart Brujah, no Trujah allowed.
>>
>>92723359
Troile was smart apart from lusting for Baali bussy
>>
>>92723396
>Diablerized sire
>Traded his soul and humanity for buttsex
>Got BTFO by an (allegedly) Antediluvian-less Clan Ventrue

No, I can't think of a single smart thing Troile actually did. Also, is Troile supposed to be male or female, I recall hearing contradictory information on that.
>>
>>92723078
If you get fired from your job then you don't have a job shit for brains. Therefore a factory worker is a hard job to have as a hunter
>>
>>92723411
I've always pictured a femcel type girl who embraced a brain dead chad
>>
Backers are getting Deviant Clade Companion this week.
The only remaining CofD book now is a contagion chronicles one.
>>
>>92723359
>Name a single smart Brujah, no Trujah allowed.
Albertus Magnus?
>>
>>92723239
Every clan and splat claims the same myths and historical figures. It's part of why I disagree with having myths and historical figures attributed to anyone. I feel it's autistic categorization that fundamentally lessens a setting unless it's purely relegated to baseless BBS conjecture and shitposting.
>>
>>92723700
What a sad book to go out on. Contagion Chronicles was a disappointment.
>>
>>92723767
Wasn't familiar with him, but having done a quick read up on him, I concede the point. He seems rather reasonable. It's funny how he looks like a non-ugly Nosferatu though.

>>92723673
Wait, as in Illyes (True Brujah) was the femcel and Troile (False Brujah) was the brain dead chad? Or is Troile a femcel embracing a brain dead chad here?
>>
>>92714113

So what is the Assamite's deal?

Like, most of their lorebooks and stuff spend the majority of time picking apart their history and caste system. Which is all nice to know but like... what is their culture like? What do they do beyond the warriors working as assassins? The Muslim and Jewish members get the most written about them, but what about the Christians? What's the theming? the schtick? Their outlook?
>>
>>92718640
What, you being a contrarian fedora-tipper? Not getting punched enough when you were a small, stupid child probably had something to do with it.
>>
>>92723947
ass mite lore is a mess, mostly because they started as the very narrow concept of "crazy muslim vampire assassins" and every edition afterwards tried to "redeem" the concept, but in practice just made them a confusing mess.

However, if you want some universal things that apply to them (as much as anything can with their constantly self-amending lore), they're a Cult. They worship their Antediluvian, though often syncretically with more mainstream deities like Allah or pre-Islam local religions. They view themselves not as assassins or common killers, but as Judges. They believe they have a legitimate right to judge other Kindred, because their Antediluvian was Caine's lawman. Of course, if they followed this in practice every other clan would gang up on them and kill them to the last, so they instead take contract work, using the Jyhad to their advantage, allowing them to kill Kindred who violate Haqim's laws without attracting undue ire. They also usually take their payment in blood, which is often tithed to Elders, who rarely leave Alamut.

If you're getting into the Castes, the Sorcerers spend all night doing weird, possibly demonic, blood rituals, usually in Alamut itself. Viziers are exactly what they sound like.

Also, cool art. Managed to make the silly "Darkening" curse actually look cool and menacing. Plus, tits.
>>
>>92722214
Lasombra and Toreador look like the best options. Not Brujah atleast
>>
>>92723139
Chimersty and Celerity could allow the illusions be reshaped or maybe the user could teleport between them.
>>
>>92723930
I know it's head Canon, but I see the True Brujah Ante as a femcel. I know it's supposed to be a dude & Troile is supposed to be the one who's supposed to be a man or woman, but maybe way back when I first read it I got it backwards but ever since I've always pictured Illyes as a bookish uptight woman & Troile as a himbo
>>
>>92723139
Afterimage, tien's multiform, & mail a punch
>>
>>92723947
Think Assassin’s Creed but as a vampire Clan. Because that’s essentially what the Banu Haqim are, and what White Wolf has fleshed out from the 1e stereotype. They can be as diverse (Middle Eastern, Italian, Native American, E*glish, French, etc.) and pretty much as deadly as the assassins from that game series. Ur-Shulgi did nothing wrong.
>>
>>92723947
>So what is the Assamite's deal?
They were the islamic vampires before the sect became a thing and they have a lot of stuff that works best for NPCs.
>>
>>92723441
The only way it would be advantageous is if you were a member of the Union
>>
>>92724127
>femcel
No such thing you stupid twitterbrain.
>>
>>92724127
I understand where you're coming from and I hate it... To be fair I hate the Bruhja in general since they are just shittier and angrier Caitiffs in practical terms and that makes the setting just a bit worse.
>>
>>92724155
Idiots, all of you. Illyes was a high IQ Volcel who, in a moment of weakness, Embraced the jezebel Troile. But being the ungrateful bitch that she is, she decided to diablerize Illyes. And then what does she do with her new potent vitae? She gets addicted to Big Baali Cock. Typical femoid.
>>
>>92724168
My brother in christ, we put -chad -fag & -cel -ussy & so much more as suffixes to cultivate a colloquial shorthand. If you can't accept modern vernacular that's on you not me.
>>
>>92724183
What does that have to do with a compact of buncha tired blue collar workers?
>>
>>92724183
Vigin falls in love for the first time, embraces a stacy, stacy kills vigin then fucks the bad boy

Classic
>>
>Ventrue seductress whose feeding restriction is young boys
This is a fucking fetish character, isn’t it?
>>
>>92724191
>My brother in christ
More twitterspeak. Kill yourself.
>>
>>92724210
Yes it is. I also doubt anyone played this character at your table. Besides, everyone knows proper Ventrue seductresses go for hunky, masculine men. It's the perfect inversion of the handsome seductive vampire going after beautiful, innocent women.
>>
File: demon players guide.jpg (147 KB, 337x908)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
oh wow i never read the dtf's players guide (we didn't have the book) so way back when my group played demon we didn't know about demonic relics or rituals and wondered why demons felt so underpowered and decided that demons are too limited, but now i kinda want to play another demon game

also funny how that book mentions several times that it's content should have been in the core but they run out of space feels like forshadowing to the horrors of m20's corebook
>>
>>92724244
>Kill yourself
That's Twitter speak too retard
>>
>>92724183
On the topic of Illyes/Trujah, I don't get the hate they receive. Does Temporis attract the absolute worst players for what the True Brujah are supposed to be? Sure. But if we judged clans based on how they attract problem players, we'd have to throw out half the clans and 3/4s of the Bloodlines.

Also, that one explanation of them being a bunch of LARPers is stupid. There is no reason why Illyes wouldn't have embraced at least one other Childe.
>>
>>92724615
You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>92724670
>There is no reason why Illyes wouldn't have embraced at least one other Childe
That’s the thing, Illyes is fucking autistic about it. He’s the only one who cares that he Embraced at all. Literally nobody cares about the True Brujah but him.
>>
>>92719587
>What's your favorite story or type of story for Hunter?
It's really generic, but I like ones where the characters are absolutely justified in the hunt. Slashers, kid murdering vampires, werewolves that have killed for no legit reason, having those sessions every now and then where the PCs are making a difference against the most evil things imaginable are awesome entertainment, and help bring a cell together in a great way
>>
>>92721367
>Name one show (not movie) that had normal humans with no special powers from start to finish
Gravity falls count?
>>
Paradox will never bring back the Imbued because playing as schizoid mass murderers is “problematic” and “done in poor taste”.
>>
>>92721367
Twin Peaks and X-Files
>>
>>92723359
Smiling Jack, he gave you the tutorial in Bloodlines after all, that's smart
>>
>>92724772
Eh, I'll grant him low cunning, but not smart. He's a pirate anarchist, you have to be a special kind of moron to believe in that.
>>
>>92724772
Someone pointed out that he was manipulating you into doing his dirty work for him throughout the entire game.
>>
How to get Ventrue An-cap gf?
>>
>>92724787
embrace one
>>92724782
yeah people not noticing that and thinking that he is (you)r friend even when he tells the malkavian pc that he would kill him if he thought that he understood what he said when he pointed out that it's jack's plan (not that you should need that) is kinda fustrating ngl
>>
File: PreEmbraceDamsel.webm (2.75 MB, 638x480)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB WEBM
>>92724787
I'm sorry, we are out of ventrue gf. Would be interested in a brujah gf instead?
>>
>>92724787
I feel like the only way a Ventrue is getting into Anarchist theory is if they realize that Anarchist theory is retarded and immediately leads to despots. And they want to be that despot. Even then, seems too decentralized for them.
>>
>>92725195
Le funne vampire bender is so lovable. He likes freedom and stuff, yeah!

Ignore how he murdered an entire ship's worth of innocent sailors just to maybe kill one sub-par Prince.
>>
>>92725381
Kine are kine, even to an Anarch. Plus it's not really Jack's plan is it? There's someone standing behind him.
>>
>>92725372
True, Ventrue most likely would become Anarchs only because they have figured out that it either is or quickly becomes a similar system to Camarilla, the connections simply hidden behind different words and titles. Anyway, even those will likely jump ship to Cammies the moment they hit maximum power they could gain otherwise.
>>
>>92724787
how get hunter gf (that preferably doesn't try to kill me?
>>
File: 1659206065081724.jpg (57 KB, 736x768)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>92724050
>>92724137
>because they started as the very narrow concept of "crazy muslim vampire assassins" and every edition afterwards tried to "redeem" the concept, but in practice just made them a confusing mess
That's exactly how I feel about them, they feels like several authors tried to overwrite the previous ideas over and over
>ok so they're ass creed: the clan and they diablerize!
>players are eating each other? wait, they actually become darker with age, they're not really diablerists that was tremere
>shit what do you mean that's racist uhhh... see there's several faiths! It's actually due to clan caste autism they're seen as crazy muslims, those castes were there all along! With their own weaknesses!
>the blood thing was the baali yeah
>ok so besides hating tremere and baali they uhh... judge?
>oh and Ur-Shugli is waking up for open war and maybe genociding half the clan yeah
Maybe I'm just a lorelet but I feel like all I hear about them is getting cursed and their castes conspiring against each other, barely much how they interact with the rest of the setting. Gonna see if cairo by night tells me more on how they deal with setites.

My newbie player wants to play one and I'm gonna focus on the actual clan as little as possible beyond ripping off asscreed+the batman league of assassins.
>>
>>92726179
>My newbie player wants to play one and I'm gonna focus on the actual clan as little as possible beyond ripping off asscreed+the batman league of assassins
Seems like a good idea. If you are willing to discard the lore you could make them a sort of unliving weapon made by the Arabian Sects so at least it is your nonsense the PCs have to deal with.
>>92726048
That depends, you could just shape someone into the hunter you want them to be and make that yours.
If you are trying to seduce an Imbued... Yeah just don't, it's not worth the effort. Just get a sorcerer or tech her how to cast illusion so she can mimic them.
>>
>>92726304
you might have a chance with an innocent imbued. or a redeemer thinking they can fix (you)
>>
>>92726309
>you might have a chance with an innocent imbued. or a redeemer thinking they can fix (you)
You do you, I just dislike playing russian roulette as a first date.
>>
>>92726309
>>92726335
And unless she is a cuckquean, fully expect to get shot for feeding.
>>
File: Yukie.jpg (58 KB, 730x1095)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>92726335
its part of the fun, I like the idea of either a recently embraced having to deal with an old human connection that turns out to be a hunter, in reckoning it could even be something like the event of your embracement being what lifts the veil for them, and they just assume you died/was killed by a vamp during that event. And also I just enjoy the insanity and bad idea it is for a hunter and vamp to become intimately involved with each other, prime tragickino material.

>>92726344
couldn't redeemers do this thing where they make a magical source for a given vamp that feeds them? so they don't have to feed on people as long as the redeemers around?
>>
>>92726356
>couldn't redeemers do this thing where they make a magical source for a given vamp that feeds them?
iirc, no.
>>
>>92726447
>>
>>92726471
Isn't it a 5-dot Edge (i.e, impossible to actually unlock through normal play)?
>>
>>92714113
>Assamite - designers misunderstanding clans as classes, trying to fit an assassin archetype (complete with blood as XP to level u... raise generation) using the Order of Assassins mythos. Batman (League of Assassins/ Ra's al Ghul)
>Brujah - Near Dark/Lost Boys
>Gangrel - folklore/pop culture hybrid
>Giovanni - I want to say Innocent Blood for fun, but may just well be the one original hybridization from WoD.
>Lasombra - Bram Stoker Dracula (all the shadow practical effects definitely had an influence)
>Malkavian - Martin (not really, but good to pilfer)
>Nosferatu - Nosferatu
>Ravnos - AD&D - designers misunderstanding clans as classes, trying to fit a rogue archetype using the literary trope of the gypsies in Gothic/Romantic literature while failing to see how that could prove an issue in modern times...
>Setites - Conan The Barbarian (I want to add Salem's Lot, but that's just me)
>Toreador - Vampire Chronicles
>Tremere - Ars Magica
>Tzimisce - Necroscope
>Ventrue - I don't know which, but given the etymology, some book that tagged #19th century #french #politics. Add that Karl Marx quote about capital as vampire for good measure. Old Hammer movies.

Poppy Z. Brite probably had a modicum of influence too.
>>
>>92724043
Check out this seething Hermesuck lmao
You anus still reeling from the last Pogrom, deviant?
>>
>>92714113
>>92726546
>Martin
Eh. Probably didn't originate it but my favorite Malkavian movie is Vampire's Kiss. This is definitely what a pre-embrace reality busting looks like.
>>
File: Alice.png (953 KB, 1068x880)
953 KB
953 KB PNG
>>92726500
no it's it's own system thats seperate from edges outlined in the redeemer book. tldr Redeemer gfs are viable
>>
>>92719587
>I think turning hunters into supernaturals themselves is a mistake.
It's a broad trope that those who hunt monsters are at risk of becoming them. That trope extends into things like XCOM, even. It's what the entire Enemy Within expansion was about.
Keeping things at an X-Files 10 season metastasis basically requires heavy-handed railroading. How many times can you have the spooky men in black beat up and rob your players of everything they've earned before they get tired of it?
>>
>>92727013
While I don't disagree, there's something to be said for fighting fire with fire, so to speak. I wouldn't inherently be opposed to a Hunter group utilising some magic artifacts or supernatural techniques on their vigil. But I'm less onboard with the Hunters themselves being inherently supernatural. Malleus Malificarium are a bit too far for my liking, but I'm less opposed to task force: Valkyrie.
>>
File: 1512978138134.jpg (40 KB, 410x308)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>92726304
Aaah fuck you just made me realize I'll also have to deal with Ashirra autism besides burdening my player with Haquim's laws. Think I'll just reskin the Cam. They now don't care about religion beyond getting closer to Haquim. No caste conflict beyond a tiny sect of extremist elders for when I need a villain of the week, Web of Knives is now an elite hitmen club. Darkening skin only for elders alive during the Baali wars. Other castes are NPC guys in the chair for my player wanting to play Vampire Hitman if he wants magic shit or resources. We're going on an Indiana Jones adventure.
>>
>>92726304
>>92726179

I've always wanted to play a character who was some dumbass bumbling tourist who gets turned to the Assamite Vizier because the Assamites assumed all Westerners were such nitwits and wanted a good ambassador.
>>
>>92726179

The darkening curse is certainly one of the dumber parts of the Assamites. Can they negate that easily with Obfuscation? Still a pain in the ass in the day to day.
>>
>>92727180
My guy, just handwave it and save yourself the headache. Just say his sire is a political Caitiff that migrated to the relevant location.
Unless you and your player wants to deal with this bullshit I would be better to ignore it.
>>92727115
It's just that the Imbued don't feel like hunter PCs. They feel like D&D Paladins and antagonists for a Demon the Fallen chronicle.
>>
>>92727289
>Can they negate that easily with Obfuscation?
Yeah, same as the Nosferatu.
>>
File: 6516351065165106510.jpg (26 KB, 750x532)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>92727289
I think they just wanted something that another non-weakness like Vizier Not-toreador creative impulse or Sorcerer "everyone can tell you're a wizard". I'd keep the roll for frenzy when in contact with vitae accross the board for a "who watches the watchmen/falling into the vices you sought to destroy" vibe. Maybe their original curse could've been autism for law and order and being unable to witness injustice without rolling frenzy.
>>92727308
You're right. Alamut might take a blood tax from contracts but they're not everywhere. Haquim's laws and that's it unless my player wants to go deep into fortress of solitude pilgrimages. Road of Blood stays as general clan ethics, Path of Blood for niche genocidal zealots. Make them the Judge Dredd clan.
>>92727256
Fun idea, i'd allow it.
>>92727308
Fair enough. Can't obfuscate the smell of sewer away tho.
>>
>>92727504
something that would work for players like another non-weakness*
>>
>>92727504
also meant for
>>92727291
>>
What's the most fucked up rarefied taste you could actually play?
I had this idea for a doctor who could only feed on quadruple amputees because of how he abused one of his patients in life. The problem is that this would be almost unplayable and my table would accuse me of bringing my fetishes into the game, which I am.
>>
>>92727660

Could you soften that to only any human who has lost part of their body? So fingers, hands, eyes would all still be good?

Might start spreading rumours that they deliberately are chopping off people's parts, but sometimes you want a rep.
>>
>>92727660
>which I am
atleast your honest about it
>>
>>92727693
Women with lost body parts would be a lot more reasonable. Now that I think about it you could tie it with the Amazons and have be a reoccurring thing in the bloodline.
>>
corrupting redeemer-chan!
>>
>>92727660
>What's the most fucked up rarefied taste you could actually play?
Children mid-rape?
>>
>>92727964
Hey cool it with the anti-semitic remarks
>>
>>92727964
Do you have any idea of how much of a pain in the ass it is to feed on children?
>>
>>92727825
It's perfectly fine to kill a salubri healer but you can't kill mundane gangsters!
>>
>>92728035
Yes, total soulsucker diablerie.
>>
File: Driver'sAdvice.png (269 KB, 368x765)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>92728035
yeah. teacher ends up refusing his offer and tells the other vamp she's in contact with about it, and the other vamp says "he was offering you power".
>>
>>92725682
"I was just following orders"
.t Anarch poster child.
>>
>>92727180
The Ashirra are basically a lore stub anyway. You lose basically nothing by writing over them.
>>
Assamites being three Clans in an overcoat was always the worst lore. For an area theoretically very important to Kindred history, it's quite annoying what a poor job was done with the Middle East in official lore.
>>
File: 1661814886088889.jpg (186 KB, 796x1004)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>92727999
Why? For a Ventrue maybe, but they're small, stupid, and any stories about the boogeyman underneath the bed or in the closet will get easily dismissed.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>92714113
>>92720065
>>92714319
There's a lot of The Lair of the White Worm in the Settites (loosely based on Stoker's OTHER monster novel)
>>
>>92728269
kids disappearing/turning up dead drained of blood is a good way to get hunters on your ass
>>
>>92728233

The Castes as political organizations would have been cool, but I agree as literal sub-clans its a little silly and overly complex.

Actually, having a tri-caste system based around the three major Abrahamic religions of the area could have been fun too.
>>
>>92728295
Ah, that's true. Guess that's the one thing Obfuscate clans have.
>>
God, I hate vampires. And also changelings, which are just another type of vampire. And werewolves, which are parasites on the human race.
>>
>>92728408
Average hunter mindset
>>
>>92728408
>And werewolves, which are parasites on the human race.
huh? most garou rarely interact with humans, and they serve a vital function in the ecosystem by destroying the wyrm wherever we go.
>>
>>92728408
How are werewolves parasites on the human race?
>>
>>92728470
>>92728445

Are you guys so new as to not understand shitposting?
>>
>>92728445
So your argument in defense of the Garou is that they're the opossums of the World Of Darkness?
>>92728470
Fera are a Gaian equivalent to fomori and changelings. Their existence is a spiritual parasitism of the human race. They are an alien race that seeds itself through mankind, creating pockets of corrupted individuals to sustain themselves.
>>
Honestly fellas we should seriously consider that Werewolves have little to no idea what they're talking about. They also murder humans for little to no good reason what so ever, and have been failing to stop this wyrm fella for all of history. Sure they sometimes kill bad things, but I honestly doubt the validity of most of their mythology.
>>
>>92728482
I tried to garoupost but failed, this is probably why werewolves are almost never subtle.
>>
>>92728408
calm down waywardbro
>>
>>92728269
Too much and effort for too little blood. too much variability to drink vessels safely.
>>
>>92728938
>>92728938
>>92728938
>>
>>92728568
>I honestly doubt the validity of most of their mythology.
Its not that most of didn't happened, its that all the good things they managed to do were on accident.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.