[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lol.webm (3.49 MB, 960x540)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB WEBM
>no longer wish to live in Canada
>currently graduating university with solid career lined up making low 6 figures

So uh... How exactly do I start a new life in another country? You can stay in Japan if you make enough money, but what exactly do you do for work? Or do people just find remote jobs paying USD while living abroad?

or is everyone doing this either living off career savings/crypto sell-off/being a broke ESL teacher?
>>
>>2660299
> How exactly do I start a new life in another country?
Depends on the country, Japan offers a 6mo digital nomad visa program or working holiday visa program if you qualify.

Your question is extremely vague and too hard to answer it's very situational.
>>
Whites should be kept out of Japan.
>>
>tfw chud got the rizz
>>
>>2660301
let me rephrase the question then - how do you make money when living abroad when you hardly know a foreign language and got educated back home?
>>
I know a handful of Americans who’ve worked in Japan long-term doing something other than teaching (I also know a lifer teacher who is on the faculty of a posh private high school), and they’ve all been working for multinational companies that sent them there after some period of service at HQ/home country offices. I knew a surprisingly large number of people who worked for Google in Japan, most of whom seemed to like it, but none of whom stayed more than a few years.
>>
>>2660318
I work remotely for a company back in the US
>>
>>2660299
bro i would say get in school, if you dont know that means you dont got skills.
The new city is same as your current city, do whatever the fuck you would normally do, take your emotional abuse coming in from tired sex tourists who are about to over dose in shittiest strip clubs and dont care = winning
PS. Alcohol is for losers, bar is a cope zone when youre not winning. If you avoid both youre hydrated and save $$ while theyre dehydrated, lose money, look like a fool and get arrested by cops at the end. Its a game honestly.
>>
>>2660305
Obviously
>>
>>2660305
>N- NOT MY PURE JAPANESE MAIDENS! THIS CANNOT BE!
>>
You should look into Canada’s equivalent of the foreign service. That’s a really good option if you can get in because you can both travel and have fun abroad while also establishing your career. The military is also obviously an option but I don’t know how that is in Canada. I don’t really blame you for giving up a six figure job to go somewhere else. I entered a six figure job when I graduated and quit because I just hated my life anyway and didn’t see a future that made it worth it. I don’t actually know what I would’ve done in retrospect because what I lacked and really needed was a sense of purpose for my life, something to do with it, and I don’t know how to acquire that other than time, experience, reading, and thinking. So other than “just be patient and think about this” there’s nothing I can say to convince you to stay. For what it’s worth, teaching English is a respectable career if you can escape ALT hell. Even better if you can get into a university or private school.
>>
Source on vid? Love to hear the audio
>>
>>2660299
no whyto piggu in nippon!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.