[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1702130424585171.jpg (2.05 MB, 3072x4096)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
For me its Japan. I have been there 4x and still want to go few more times.

It's been the most picture perfect country I have traveled to. Love the traditional culture and food. Also customer service/hospitality is top class.
>>
>>2661072
Vietnam. You can have a different experience every time.
>>
>>2661072
Mexico because you have like five different climates all within six hours of eachother. Each region has its own subculture / endemic food. The landscapes are phenomenal and there's booze everywhere.
>>
Japan. I want to buy a vacation home with a motorcycle there.
>>
>/trv/ thread
:|

>/trv/ thread about Japan
:O
>>
>>2661080
Japan is obviously a paradise for tourists. Why does that trigger people?
>>
File: mendoza-city.jpg (473 KB, 1600x1074)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>2661072
For me it's Argentina.
>>
File: 1696015182387300.jpg (165 KB, 825x619)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>2661072
Costa Rica. The people are lovely, the land is so gorgeous and the scenery varies greatly depending on which area of the country you’re in. The weather is fantastic, and it has some of the best scuba diving locations I've ever seen. I've been several times and would go back in a heartbeat.
>>
And the next retarded weeb thread.
>>
>>2661072
Patagonia, both Chile and Argentina I loved so much. I was really depressed when I left for the airport. Going back in December before my Antarctica trip. The UK is also sick; London, Scotland and all the cute villages to explore.
>>
>>2661088
This is my pick too. It also helps that you can travel within Costa Rica on basically any budget. I was able to find comfortable but basic lodging for $20 USD a night and also stay at amazing resorts for about $250 a night.
>>
>>2661072
I’ve been travelling and living in other countries for 27 years. I don’t want to visit anywhere new and i don’t want to go back to a country no longer a home

No-where has any appeal anymore and I am stuck between being paralysed in the present and lost in a past that doesn’t exist anymore. I do t care any more about the local cuisine and I could not care about your local temple or church or statues. I also miss nothing from a life I no longer remember.
>>
>>2661115
Based
>>2661072
>>2661076
Any suggestions for must see or dos and some smaller towns to visit for a 33year adventurur?
>>
>>2661086
This looks like fucking Ulaanbataar. What's the draw for you, anon?
>>
>>2661117
>Any suggestions for must see or dos and some smaller towns to visit for a 33year adventurur?
Honestly it all comes down to what you like to do. Like, literally just google stuff to do and you will find something. Izakaya bars are a great start and there's always browsing for local events.
>>
>>2661086
I lived in Argentina and Uruguay for a few years.

...fucking why, dude?
>>
File: 1691223573880519.jpg (540 KB, 787x787)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
>>2661072
Close to me: Italy, easy to travel there, beautiful country, amazing food, great people, I've always found it so easy to communicate there with a bit of English and a bit of Spanish I've had full on conversations lol. There's still soo many areas I want to visit.

Faraway: Japan, been there only twice but I can't wait to be back. I was in Korea too and I think it would definitely warrant more visits.

Germany deserves a special mention just because I've gone there many many times and it's so beautiful, so many different areas. It's when you realize all countries have so much more to offer than the usual touristy stuff if you care to dig deeper.
>>
>>2661072
Thailand. Easy, chill, good food and relatively inexpensive. Believe it or not, some people do come here not just to coom.
>>
>>2661117
If you’ve never been you should just explore Tokyo and maybe Yokohama first.
>>
Most fun I’ve had was in Utah but that’s because I spent 2 weeks hiking and riding dirt bikes
>>
>>2661072
Croatia. It's the first country I ever travelled to as a 5 year old and I loved it since childhood. When I became an adult, I fell in love with it again and now I have to visit every year. I've been there easily 15 times, but I still want to see more.
>>
>>2661120
>Ulaanbataar
LOL, picrel city looks more like something along the Front Range of Colorado. Some people love having one of the world's greatest mountain ranges within easily accessible distance, and it sure is cheaper to live in Argentina than Colorado.
>>
>>2661075
The biggest plus of Mexico IMO is being able to bring your car from America. In many ways, Mexico is the ultimate Wild West for a gringo adventurer in a battered old 4x4, camping out and exploring country that even Mexican tourists don't dare to visit. However, if you're just gonna ride buses and city-hop, there are countries which are far more congenial and economical for a similar (Third World) standard of living.
>>
>>2661086
Damn, I didn't know there could be anything this Soviet in the Americas
>>
>>2661072
Iceland, went two times with my wife and we talk about it every day how we only wanna go there on vacation. Your mind is at peace there, it does something to you you cant explain.
>>
>>2661273
LMAO. I am trying to genuinely imagine why this would be and im drawijng a blank. ya ya the landscapes and ocean is nice but many countrires have that.
>>
I can't get Thailand out of my head. I've been 4 times and every time I plan a trip its always a question of Thailand or somewhere else. I recently booked a same day ticket to Thailand and went, calling in sick to work from the airport in Hong Kong.

I keep trying to dream up ways to move there that don't involve some retardation like teaching English. There's nowhere in the world I'm happier.
>>
>>2661075
Mexico is the "Italy" of the Americas. Great climates, stunning beaches, history and ruins, amazing food and great people. CDMX reminds me a lot of Rome (generally speaking).

If you only go to the Mexico beaches do yourself a favor and spend some time in Oaxaca, Queretaro, or even San Miguel.
>>
>>2661072
Italy, it's not far away from me, it's super diverse, it has the best food and I just love it.
>>
>>2661352
where do you go and what do you like about it specifically?
>>
>>2661072

Turkey is one of the best places in the world for adventure. If you like history, it is thee place to be, there are literally ancient and medieval castles just sitting out in the middle of no where, you can climb all over them, in many cases you will have them all to yourself.

Look up the Ancient city of Antioch.
>>
>>2661548
>WE ARE A DIFFERENT FROM A THE MEXICANS, WE HAVE A THE MOB, NOT A THE CARTEL!!!
inb4 those are zainichi sicilians
>>
>>2661072
Japan was a dream destination for me since i was kid. I visited last november during koyo season and everything was amazing. I kinda regret not visiting again this year for the sakuras. As a 4x visitor which month+region would you recommend ?
>>
File: 1693090715104925.gif (1.91 MB, 300x228)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB GIF
>Which is the most addictive country for travel which makes you keep going back again?
>For me its Japan.
>>
>>2661072
For me, it's South Korea. Been there 5 times already since 2017.
>>
>>2661072
It's Italy and if I wasn't a Turkish I'd say İstanbul. It's cheap to the tourists and it's one of the oldest cities in the world. You can do so many things and visit so many places.
>>
>>2661127
>>2661352
Thailand holds a part of my heart, lived there for 3 years, love the food, love that place every time I visit.
>>
>>2661100
I hope to visit Argentina when I go back in January next year since it’s only about a 5 Hour drive from where I’ll be staying at
>>
>>2661072
Scotland. I love the cool, rainy weather, the incredible landscapes, the history and the whisky
>>
Italy is #1 for me. It has everything I want and I’m hopelessly attracted to Italian women. Fuck they’re sexy.

Second is Ireland. It’s a bit dumpy and depressing in places but the countryside is amazing and I love redheaded women too much. Grew up near Seattle and the climate is pretty much the same
>>
don't have one. i have only been to canada, USA, croatia. i don't believe in travelling to other places as I am very keenly aware of the social crises that these places are experiencing and the hostility they have for "dirty tourist scum". eg italy and france they will treat u as a dirty fuck. UK can get stabbed by migrants etc

i would only go to USA. never anymore croatia (only had to go cause senpaitachi from there)
>>
THE GOOD OL US OF A BAYBE

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
>>2661285
Self-driving in Mexico is the best way to travel in the country for sure. Even if you don't bring your own car in you can get a nice car for under $200 per week. Next trip I'd like to fly into Chihuahua and drive from there.
>>
>>2661895
can you go into details about why you love it so much? was thinking about going there
do you speak korean? can I get by without knowing any?
>>
>>2663234
It seems the blue dollar has stabilized somewhat. Would be nice if they get the official rate to correspond to the market rate. There's tons of cheap lodging options on Booking.com, but every property quotes their price in USD these days. I wonder if it makes sense to pay for rooms & food with USD...making change would be the tough part.
>>
probably Japan, I was there for about 10 days, I feel like there is still so much I want to see,
>>
>>2665221

You are full of shit, mexico is trash and fillled with trash people. Have fun getting kidnapped by those garbage can people when they want to steal you tires. Fuck mexico.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.