[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Post your City, Anon.
>>
>>1748059
I tried 0.66 when it dropped, game was fine in the tutorial, started another city as Amevias, the city got hardcapped at 100 and could barely go beyond it, after the latest bugfixes of 0.66 I now can't get a city to have more than 13 plebians AND my old save of the Amevias once it's loaded, all the fish and food in storage get used superquickly and my plebs start starving. He 100% broke something
>>
This is a general.
>>
>>1748110
And? Half the threads on this board are
>>
>>1748107
I was playing humans, so I get they are more criminal, but I've had 7 murders so far and my populations has not once gone over 10, building degradation is broken too, my warehouse will magically jump from 99% to 0% degradation and vice versa in minutes, so are livestock, I sent my guys to build a pig farm with the starting 13 livestock and for some reason after they built it the livestock disappeared and I have 0 pigs in there.
Hunters need furniture to set up and fishers produce 0.7 fish per worker even at max efficiency in the ocean, they can't even feed themselves, how the hell are you supposed to feed these guys? Do you just have to rush grain farms and bakeries right off the bet before you even build houses or a warehouse?
>>
>>1748110
nah that's you
>>
>>1748111
I don't see anything indicating so on the OP.
>>
>>1748112
You can hunt without the hunter building, and forage. That's what I do while I build something more long term.
>>
From these last posts, I take that 0.65 is still broken as fuck?

Kind bored of my city on 0.65. Its worth starting a new city on 0.66 now?
>>
>>1748154
I've been playing on 66 without game breaking issues aside from 2 that got fixed in less than a day. When those happened I just played something else while waiting for the fix.
>>
>>1748153
Yeah, but the wild plants are never ripe when you start and if you use the hunt command a person or two will die no matter what.
>>
>>1748165
I've never had someone die from hunting, but then again I don't use weak and crazy humans maybe they lose to cute little animals
>>
>>1748173
Idk, even Amevia have casualties while hunting for me. Amevia and humans are usually the best soldiers, so I wonder how much worse it is for other races.
>>
sittin at about 6.7k people
>>
Do you all start to plan your cities from the first ten citizens or do you wait until it's self-sustaining first?
>>
>>1748213
before i start anything i plan where my main roads will be, and maybe some basic idea of where canals will be, but thats about it
>>
>>1748112
I haven't had any of the problems you mentioned and I've been playing .66 since it dropped. Did you pirate it and thus aren't getting hotfixes?
>>
>>1748221
No, I've got it on gog.
>>
>>1748213
>plan
I just put shit down where it needs to be.
>>
>>1748182
Never had a garthimi die hunting but maybe I'm just lucky.
>>1748213
I just let it grow organically and rebuild parts of it if it's truly needed.
>>1748223
GOG is always behind on updates so you probably aren't getting the fixes as fast.
>>
File: Untitled.png (232 KB, 829x771)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
live stock is selling for 550 so Im kind of going all in, largest city Ive made so far and Im pretty much just feeding them meat at a comfortable double ration. Fruit farms give like 1 per person working per day but the pigs give 3. Ive got a nice ore and furniture gig going as a side business. Biggest city Ive had to date mostly from boredom. About to hit 200 and Ill probably have to expand my population centers north while my farms expand south. Tilapi are pretty cool dont like most of the other races, lizards are ok early game in small amounts though.
>>
>>1748226
Post super screenshot so that we judge
>>
>>1748186
nice work
that's a fun looking map i havent seen one quite like it
>>
>>1748105
Is V66 stable with 66.31? I tried switching to 66 when it came out but I had similiar issues to >>1748112
>>
What type of map/resources do you go for when settling?
>>
Anyone know how to tweak numbers? I was looking at old modding guides but none of them are applicable. I just want to remove the extra gods so I dont have to deal with all that nonsense but I literally cant even find where to start
>>
Been seeing more of this game lately, is it a good city builder?
>>
>>1748320
Yeah it's pretty good. Looks ugly at first but you adjust pretty quick
>>
>>1748213
I staple shit on top of other shit until I am too disgusted by the horrors I hath wrought and quit
>>
Almost every aspect of the strategic layer needs to be rebalanced, the mechanics mostly work OK but the balance is utterly fucked
Agree y/n?
>>
File: Untitled.png (322 KB, 570x655)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
Is this round enough to pass as genuine tilapi? I cant manage to make it any more round
>>
>>1748165
Your starting food will last you until late summer when you can forage. Some animals are also less dangerous than others. I've never lost anyone when hunting Dinoris for example.
>>
>>1748351
Probably. Check the roundness overlay.
>>
>>1748303
>66.31

Is it out? My game only updated to 66.29
>>
>>1748375
you can just throw make diagonal on anything to get 100% roundness I was more asking ascetics wise, the fact that we have a race that only wants round buildings but no round homes is dumb
>>
>>1748391
I don't think the make diagonal tool affects roundness.
>>
>>1748307
Water and trade routes. That's it.
>>
>>1748393
when I throw it over a noemal long house then right click in the center I get 100% roundness showing, might just be a .65 thing and .66 changes it?
>>
File: Untitled.png (86 KB, 698x655)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
very nice house warming gift, almost too nice
>>
>>1748461
Accept the offer, hire mercs, burn the place to the ground.
>>
File: 468773659587.jpg (1006 KB, 1643x1195)
1006 KB
1006 KB JPG
Here is my little 1.5k population shitbox, currently in the process of outgrowing its walls. It's my first city.
All the farms are just opium, I no longer need to grow grain and cotton and I'm also about to remove the offscreen clay pit and ore mine, I'm fully shifting from agricultural to manufacturing economy.
I really want to build more things like the riverfront residential area on the south bank instead of the shitty grid I started off with.
>>
Which race should my next town be?
>>
>>1748539
Which race was your previous towns?
>>
>>1748551
Orcs (race mod).
>>
How the hell am I supposed to take over a city? I've been besieging one for like 2 years since the toolltips say waiting will eventually decrease the fortification modifier, but it has not changed at all. Meanwhile their entire garrison has regenerated.
>>
>>1748558
I think 1.0 means no fortification
>>
File: 768574536.png (38 KB, 710x332)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>1748559
Not only has the city garrison regenerated, they also regenerated their entire army outside of it. They only had a 100 people when I started the siege.
This is fucking stupid.
>>
>>1748561
Doesn't that happen if you're not actually sieging the city (they still have a land or maritime traderoute to resupply)?
>>
File: 47654536876.png (453 KB, 677x717)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
>>1748565
I mean I'm standing with an army right next to it and it says they're besieging when I hover over them, is that not enough?
>>
>>1748567
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peloponnesian_War
>>
>>1748588
So I actually have to split up the army and approach from the sea with one part? That is pretty cool actually.
I guess I'll just steamroll their land army again for now then.
>>
Are (You) upset about the portraits anon?
>>
File: 4652765.png (261 KB, 545x488)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
lets see if this works
>>
>>1748600
it didn't work
they still regenerate and fortifications aren't decreasing even with an army coming in from the sea
some other factions army also came in from the sea and is now besieging the city with me but it does fuck all
>>
>>1748611
Nevermind, it did actually work. I think the other factions army bugged something out since fortifications only started decreasing once they left.
Though their land army still managed to regenerate somehow, even with their only city under siege.
>>
File: 7584632.png (1.99 MB, 1207x836)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
The moat clearly doesn't have access to water.
>>
>>1748657
Don't you have to pump it now
>>
>>1748662
Yeah, I just find it funny that they actually removed water from some tiles reaching into the river to build the moat and now the moat is complaining it doesn't have water.
>>
>>1748663
I really dislike how you HAVE to have a pump to transport water
>>
Is there any point in making houses other than longhouses?
Also, do adjacent houses need to have a wall between them? The game seems to suggest that it isnt needed when I use the + to increase the zone size since all the houses are put together only sharing an outer wall.
>>
Still no way of selecting export amount in .66?
>>
>>1748710
limit the pull form the storage
>>
>>1748727
NTA but how do you set up overflow storage for things you want to export? I like the previous system more desu, this one is needlessly complex.
>>
what's the best way to increase immigration? or do you rely on breeders? right now I occassionally give everyone a day off so i get a big immigration pull for a day or so
>>
>>1748758
increase happiness.
>>
>>1748758
give people money/time off, it gives you an immigration spike and early game you will literally get more people than you gave time off, late game you should be using nurseries anyway so its not worth it
>>
>>1748504
I like the bridges theme
>>
>>1748727
Ok am stupid can you screenshot the button/slider? I can't find it.
>>
File: file.png (71 KB, 484x746)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>1748803
I believe this is what you want. anything above the slider (Which is a % of total storage) will be put for export
>>
>>1748819
ohhhh there it is yeah that makes sense.
>>
How does feeding big cities work? Do you have to manually go and make stockpiles for food at random locations? Or is there a Tavern system (workers there collect food, other people gather there to eat) in place?
>>
>>1748107
I updated the game from cs.rin.run and its now noticably easier to manage my settlement. his hotfixes did really break something but idk what in the previous hotfix. I think my elves happiness is in a good enough position that i can just keep building houses, get more food production and keep making my settlement bigger. But right now i'm trying to introduce more production, will get into clay>pottery and maybe clothing.
Rate the picrel city design
>>
>>1748832
The latter. Workers in food buildings will go gather allowed food from warehouses. As far as I can tell you probably want the warehouses pretty close though.
>>
File: 20240505103523_1.jpg (1.02 MB, 1920x1080)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
For some reason, the very early game is the comfiest part.
>>
have not played the game for a while forgot everything
whats the point of breeding when theres immigration? you spend a lot of time and resources on something you can get for free provided theres enough happiness
>>
I gave my entire population a day off because I'm generous like that and it was awkward to see them flocking to the speaker only for there to be no speaker because they too had a day off.
>>
At what point do you say no to a friendly empire asking for something nicely? They just asked for like 800 coins worth of stuff and I was like whatever thats less than what you gave me at the start, probably would be fine with a few thousand a season in gifts to the 3 close empires to keep trade flowing but at the same time I know theyre going to get greedy at some point
>>
>>1748874
I always say no. They don't care.
>>
>>1748874
My guy just asked me 15k for his nephews birthday...
>>
>>1748868
>Your population (except dondorians) don't like immigrants
>Can school children
>Smoother population curve I guess
I mostly stick to immigration, except for garthimi and cretonians because they breed fast
Also, now that I think about it, schools should either not cost paper or universities should cost paper, maybe both
>>1748869
kek
>>
>>1748868
People hate immigrants. I don't think it matters much though, 82% of people in my 2k city are former immigrants.
>>
>>1748916
>>1748925
yea, education of children i guess is the only reason, im not noticing them complaining about immigration so far.
>>
>>1748705
1/Houses and longhouses are just as efficient
Apartments are slightly worse, there's a mod for that now if you want
2/Houses don't need walls between them no
>>
File: 20240505140531_1.jpg (482 KB, 1920x1080)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
>there is no religion that improves fishing

Lame.

Assuming that I need to choose between one of these religions later to build a temple, which one is the best?
>>
File: Untitled.png (47 KB, 692x475)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
the one on the right is closer to my food depot, warehouse, housing, wells, ect the one on the left is in the middle on nowhere so why the hell is the workload almost 100% for the people who dont have to work as much while almost 50% for the ones who have to run all over the place
>>
>>1748925
If they're the same race, I think the penalty drops rather quickly. If they're not the same race, I think the penalty drops quickly if you stick them in ghettos.
>>
>>1749008
Workload in pastures is fucked, if you leave it on auto employ the quantity of workers keeps floating every day. Also not the same amount of animals.
>>
>try coastal start
>fishery can have 107 workers
God-DAMN
>>
File: pigtown2.jpg (2.79 MB, 1810x1390)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
I want to restart and do more planning
>>
He made the mercs really expensive, gonna need a much bigger city now to conquer my first territory.
>>
>>1749075
That's a very organic city, 99/100.
>>
>>1749095
Its just a bunch of random shapes that sreams how someone went out of their way to make it. There is nothing natural or organic on that, its like some artfag tryhard slop.
>>
>Realize loyalty=taxes
>build an inn in a conquered town, raise taxes two ticks
>I physically can not spend all this money, slave submissiveness is the bottleneck for buying more expensive as fuck slaves from other factions
>>
>>1749003
Amevia fishing is so powerful, it makes them happy as fuck and due to 0.375 instead of 0.5 consumption one fisherlizard can support about as many other lizards as a human grain farmer can support humans.
>>
>two tunnelers say they saw something in the dark
>they're now insane
So am I fucked or are they just pussies?
>>
>>1749119
keep an eye on organization as you expand into more provinces anon, if it hits 0% you get nothing in taxes. think of it as a corruption mechanic
>>
>>1748852
was startled for a sec since it looks almost identical to my own starts. Usually my cities just escalate into grid hell
>>
Trying to introduce alcohol to my Cretonians and the beer can't even get to the tavern, they're drinking it straight out of the storage room
>>
File: image.png (231 KB, 600x520)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>1749170
Why man
>>
>>1749008
make sure the amount of employees gets tending to max regardless of workload
>>
>>1749113
Organic like an anthill, not organic like the natural development of a city over hundreds of years.
>>
>>1748664
old system was kinda op though
>>1748745 me too
>>1748758 on top of what the others said, increasing your food storage also attracts them
>>1748832 sometimes i use a small hauler next to a distant food stall to keep it stocked
>>
>>1749173
kek
>>
>>1748758
>what's the best way to increase immigration?
Make people happy. It can be temporary, so a bribe or giving everyone a bunch of furniture you take away shortly afterwards can help. Slaves too as having slaves gives other races than the slave race happiness AND you can give them low happiness jobs.
>>
>>1749178
Ive got limited population and pushing to max when I dont need it takes away from my industry
>>
>>1749211
you need to do some trial and error then. Try to watch it for a few days, if it ever reaches 100%, if its too late at night and they don't perform all the tending needed, add a couple of people and watch for a few more days, the workload floats a lot on pastures for some reason, one day it is at 60%, next day it is at 90% with the same amount of workers and no change made by the player.

I don't know exactly why this happens, I assume that in some days workers reach more lower fulfillment on some things, so they spend more time seeking services and tending to their needs, or doing other shit before going to work, therefore takes longer for them to make all the tending points, idk, more observation is needed. Don't know how the game calculates workload too, I am under the impression that is based on the previous day and that is based on how longer takes for them to do all the tending. There is also the fact that workers can be enlisted in the army, but I never paid attention to see if plebians employed in other places can refrain from going to their jobs to train, I think that training itself count as a job, so probably no.

Pastures and farms are different from workshops, because they have a fixed amount of work that needs to be done everyday (tending), while in workshops the work is basically infinite as long as you have raw materials, in mines too I suppose (so maybe the workload stay doesn't float as much as in pastures, not matter how much workers are fucking around, because in these places the demand for labor never ends).

Maybe the people who are very far away don't have access to certain services from being out of radius? Or maybe its just in this particular day that this happened by chance? (>>1749008
)

A lot of this is just newbie theory crafting, but its my best bet.
>>
>>1748832
If youre going to have some kind of central huge food stall or restaurant, you better have enough workers and food since people that walked too far to have no service when they get there might get unhappy.
>>1748868
Its a nice constant, non happiness affecting population increase.I found it easier to have them at 100-150 where I usually get stuck trying to get labs and the food to support my city.
>>
>>1749095
>tilapi hands typed this post
>>
>>1749170
Depends on whether you're in 66 or 65, but you can disable drinking rations and that will let you build up the supply.
For now, they will just keep on drinking until their needs are fulfilled, which may potentially be forever if the supply isn't big enough.
>>
>>1749008
I have a similar issue with bakeries.
>have 4 identical, copy pasted bakeries next to each other
>all relevant resource warehouses (grain, bread, wood and coal) are literally right next to them and filled to bursting
>2 of them pretty much never have 100% workload, can drop to 70% or even 30%
>the other 2 are always working at max capacity
I really don't get what the problem is.
>>
>>1749008
Workload as displayed under employment is an average across multiple days. Mouseover the percentage to see the current day workload, preferably near end of a day.
>>
>>1748112
I was having that issue, just update he's fixed it. Criminality was on overdrive, vandalism was causing the degradation.
>Feeding humans
I just manually hunt the map animals while setting up a hunter which covers your food for plenty of pop, more than enough to set up grain farms. If you set up your hunter and carpenter how you want them and delete all but on of the workstations you can get both up before rations even run out, then you can just refurbish them fully kitted out later
>>
>>1748154
The latest pirateable version was broken but 0.66.26 has been uploaded earlier today and there's nothing gamebreaking
>>
>set a manual hunt order
>oddjobber either never brings the carcass back to the warehouse and leaves or will just butcher it on the spot leaving the goods on the ground
>my warehouse delivery has walk all the way across the map to bring 1/3 of the products from one carcass and then return
Did something in manual hunting changed on v66? I dont remember having this issue on v65
>>
My latest city was purely to go for the Enteledont title, I went Tilapi and got it at just over 300 pop: about 250 people purely working pastures, so much meat I was on quadruple rations +exporting it as fast as possible and I was getting a 470% bonus to production by the end with the techs plus that skill boost you get for having over a hundred people working one industry. It definitely taught me how powerful specialisation is
>>
Starting a Dondorian city, there's really good coal and ore deposits so currently the plan is to have about 10-20% humans doing research and eventually admin, Dondorian doing industry and I'm thinking Garthimi slaves to mine the coal and ore, will Dondorians get mad from seeing the insects even though they'll be slaves?
>>
>>1749475
After doing some testing with other animals. It is either a distance issue, or maybe the hog and auroch are the issue.
>>
After reading last thread I noticed that most people want what Odd Realm has, filters, conditions and such. The game itself doesn't have much to do honestly, but at least I can have settings like "make swords if amount of chickens is more than 50".
>>
>>1749482
I haven't noticed any significant happiness hits from hated slaves. I do keep my slaves in ghettos outside town though.
>>
File: 143335.jpg (807 KB, 2554x978)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
i find it funny how these idiots are eager to immigrate to us just so they could become our slaves
>>
Bugmen want cannibalism but they also want graves, hows that supposed to work
>>
>>1749560
Gravedigger vs cannibal death battle.
>>
>>1749560
Slaves don't go into proper graves, so don't build a mass grave.
>>
>>1749570
can it really be called cannibalism if you are eating a different specie
>>
Do catapults in an army help with besieging enemy cities? Or are they only for field battles?
Tooltip doesn't say much
>>
>>1749606
Field battles only.
>>
>try to build something next to a lavatory without pausing the game
>constant shitting noises
makes me wonder how they were recorded
>>
File: file.png (2.77 MB, 1468x1231)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB PNG
i have a desire to restart
>>
File: 856746532876.png (343 KB, 822x668)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
>blocked the only 2 ways in and out of the city with besieging armies
>fortification buff still doesn't decrease
does it just take a really long time for it to start ticking down or something?
>>
File: file.png (1.09 MB, 914x760)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
god damn they love the pond
>>
>try to barter for peace
>value: 2.7 million

>3 seconds later enemy sends a peace deal where they want 1k cotton from me
>>
If I just want a comfy sub 100 pop game are bandits going to ruin my day? Can I effectively be vassalized under someone else the same way I can do to other people and then they are in charge of my protection or is that game over?
>>
>enemy attacks me with like 65k strength
>match it 1:1 with mercs because holy shit how am I supposed to even fight this death stack
>start combat
>super awkward to command such a large force
>archers do fuck all despite being on fire at will
>try charging instead
>units do their stupid little dance around enemy archers like they're trying to enter a cold shower but aren't brave enough
>most of them run in the complete opposite direction
>those that actually manage to connect just disintegrate in a second
most schizophrenic combat I've ever seen
So is there anything that can be done against those large factions? They only have 6 regions while I have 16 but I got completely BTFO.
>>
File: emptyinn.jpg (118 KB, 744x755)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
How do I attract tourists to my inn? I have it built in the center of town near most of my industry and labs but in the 5+ years its been there it hasn't attracted a SINGLE tourist. Am I just retarded?
>>
>>1749896
Not big enough city maybe?
>>
File: city.jpg (198 KB, 1077x943)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>1749903
Right now I'm sitting above 1K pop, which I'm assuming is large enough to attract tourists, unless I'm wrong. Should I just spam inns everywhere?
>>
>>1749910
you will get a popup when tourists start arriving that will say something akin to
>Tourists! Your kingdoms first tourists have arrived, make sure you have a place for them to stay, otherwise they will leave
>>
File: Untitled.png (10 KB, 603x688)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>1749891
I have no idea, the combat in this game sucks.
>>
Can someone give a quick rundown on how trading works now? I get you need to obtain a trade agreement, however how do you control how much excess/surplus of an item to trade?
>>
>>1749974
>>1748819
>>
Is there anything I can do to improve the quality of conscripts? I see that you can give them up to 50% training which takes longer to raise them, but can I do something akin to reservists in your main city so I can quickly raise 50% armies if needed?
I don't want to wait that long, I don't want to have them raised and wasting supplies, and good gear is worth more than the lives of 0% conscripts.
>>
>>1749883
Yes. Being someone's vassal will drastically reduce raid chance for an annual tribute.
>>
Kinda breezing now through the 1.2-1.5k pop but I'm still having issues with harvest left on the fields up to until next year's summer. Kept a bunch of oddjobbers around 50 free but there are still shit. Trying to fix this with dedicated haulers but they are still retarded, adding transports nearby so they could haul shit to the warehouse next to the bakery but harvest left on fields still the problem.
>>
Curious if mass breeding Avemia slaves is worth it.
>Import lots of fish
>Have to wait x years and for a slaver
>They do jobs while waiting to be sold
It's about 10k per slave. I guess this flucates like everything else
>On v65
>>
>>1750075
I build small warehouses near fields and set them to unload into main storage next to bakery. Works well enough.
>>
>>1750084
I was doing that earlier but due to too many goods selected for pick up and ground/production storage is enabled, the workers kinda looped into picking up some stuff but neglecting other. Shit already at 40 workers too.
>>
I played the demo and was forced to face the reality that my brain is too smooth for it.
>>
>>1749924
I had one tourist show up once I hit 2k and he left instantly.
>>
File: super1.jpg (3.43 MB, 3072x3072)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
At 1.7k, pretty shit logistic wise as per>>1750075
, having the central warehouse at 60 workers seems to smooth things out but I dont really like these huge number of workers for warehousing for some reason.
>>
>4 regiments of amevians, humans and dondorians, almost fully decked out with gear are only 3.2k force
>AI is walking around with a 600k force death stack
this is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>1749985
Cheers, big ears.
>>
>>1750143
skill issue
>>
>>1750157
No really, how do I deal with this. Even if I recruit every single person I can from my realm and somehow fully equip them I doubt I could reach even 50k.
Every faction around me has at least 90k force.
>>
How are you guys doing your warehouse logistics on v66? Do you chain smaller warehouses to a main warehouse and then export from the main warehouse? Do you have a dedicated export warehouse? My autism won't let me play this game unless I can plan around it from the start.
>>
>>1750165
>Do you chain smaller warehouses to a main warehouse and then export from the main warehouse?
I have smaller hauler(s) for farm produce which the smaller warehouses will be chained to
> Do you have a dedicated export warehouse?
No.You can just plop one at nearest warehouse containing the surplus or park it right next to a mine which what I did with my stone mine, pretty good way to make money since I later put on a masonry next to it so I could make more dosh selling cut stones.
>>
>>1750090
not really, you'd have to be an actual retard to spend your precious free time doing literal work in a video game for no reward
>>
>>1750185
brainlet seethe
>>
>>1750187
nothing I said was incorrect, cry some more
>>
>>1750185
>doing literal work in a video game for no reward
That's nearly every video game.
>>
>>1750191
For someone with an IQ above 30, it's pretty incorrect. lol.
>>
>>1750185
what work, the game is pretty straigh forward
>>
>>1750191
There's a mod that adds an even easier easy mode for people like you
>>
>besiege a 1 province shitter faction
>sue for peace
>get 200k in the deal
>instantly break the deal and besiege it again
>propose peace
>get 200k
>eventually they run out of money
>keep going until they hand over every single fucking item and resource they have
>they actually like me at the end after all this
now THIS is gaming
thanks for the gold kind stranger!
>>
>>1750079
dont know x years but just calculate the amount of food it takes, the number of working pops for it and the opportunity cost ie if they worked a furniture factory job what would it cost per year they arent employed there vs in the nursery, you probably would have all high level jobs already filled so you only need to check o na low level job like that or farmer
>>
Is the whole disease/health system a soft cap on the pop of megacities,
or is it not much of an issue if you max health with physicians / extra rations?
>>
>>1750733
Yes, soft caps to about 12k I believe.
>>
>>1749946
The game desperately needs some warfare update, it's not too bad when you're below 10k force, but the AI is so retarded that it's completely impossible to manage anything.
At first I thought that soldiers running away once ordered to charge is the game's attempt at modeling fear or something, but I just ordered my 150 fully decked out dondorians to charge a faction-less 50 tilapi strong regiment with no equipment and they decided to run in the opposite direction. I had to order them to run PAST the enemy to actually make them charge at them.
>>
>>1750855
When my troops lose a fight I have no idea why.
When my troops win a fight I also have no idea why.
>>
>>1749990
>but can I do something akin to reservists in your main city so I can quickly raise 50% armies if needed?
I don't want to wait that long, I don't want to have them raised and wasting supplie

Train population of your city. You can move them onto the world map if you want highly-trained troops immediately, otherwise Levies are something you attach to an army on the world map and let them train for ages to get up to 50%.
>>
It keeps saying cantors are joining my settlement and then almost immediately it says they're leaving despite none actually joining.
>>
Just got to 1k for the first time
https://files.catbox.moe/hbnppz.jpg
>>
>>1751431
>housing dispersed around the industry
Hows the noise pollution hit to their happiness? I always create separate residential areas but they get fucking big and unsightly.
>>
>>1751545
nta but just having the doors facing away from eachother is enough to block noise
>>
File: 20240509213447_1.jpg (1.15 MB, 2560x1440)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>1751550
picrel
>>
>>1751557
I though the houses need walls on all sides for the "isolation"?
>>
>>1751590
They only need the internal walls with eachother.
>>
>>1751557
I've been living a lie. Thank you
>>
>>1751557
iirc you will get a small amount bleeding through if the road between them is smaller
>>
This game needs more mods. Most of the little there is being lazy cheat mods isn't a good look.
>>
>>1751723
I'm considering trying my hand at modding.
>>
>>1751592
>>1751590
Every time I try to custom build houses the best I can get is 75% even when I fully encapsulate all but 1 tile for a door. No idea whats wrong Ive tried every build combo, even just taking the base already build walls and adding some sides to it gives my 75% so this is kind of baffling. Ive had buildings I copy paste go from 100% to 75% as well isolation is BS
>>
>>1751723
I literally cant figure out how to open the games files to tweak, all the modding resources are out of date to the point the folders shown arent the same and the internal file types are either not there or different.
>>
File: SUPER_CITY05-.jpg (3.2 MB, 2358x2358)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB JPG
my current 200 pop cannibal elves village

played this game some time ago, before battles were introduced, and then forget about it. Got back into it recently, played with v66 but constant changes irritated me a lot, so reverted back to v65

currently planing on reaching 500 pops for admin building, and then conquering couple free lands regions close by
>>
>>1751590
Nope, other houses don't count towards the isolation negative.
As long as a bunch of houses all have walls separating them from the non-house outside you can have as many appartment/houses/longhouses tightly placed together as possible, like appartment blocks.
>>
>>1751723
What's some mods you'd like to see? I can make fairly simple ones but if you just bitch without giving your ideas they're certain to never become reality.
The possibility of overwriting game files (which poses problems in itself when it comes to maintaining mods) is fairly recent so you pretty much couldn't do anything interesting before. So the only people who made mods were those who used the limited .txt files provided to make the game trivially easy (or furries who added their obligatory OP furry races like they do in every game).
Plus it's made by one guy who didn't include a single comment explaining anything in the game's very succinct code, sure slows one down.
Anything big would have to still be in development at this point or be waiting for 1.0/better modding tools. v66 was already a big help and the reason why a lot of mods are v66 only. We'll probably see some more stuff come out later.

>>1752016
>I literally cant figure out how to open the games files to tweak
Check 4rg0n's mod example on github. He made exactly that easy and has a guide on how to use his files. Once you have it open you're on your own to understand any of this mess though. Hope you like bit manipulation (probably why the game runs so well tbf), private/static/final classes that make it an absolute bitch to separate your own code from the game's, and 1 letter long variable names because Jake is definitely a fan.
>>
I wanna see better tooltips for resources.
I wanna see a mod that makes warfare not garbage.
I wanna see a race of immortal oppai loli witches (they all have a thousand of years, i swear).
>>
>>1752507
What do you mean by better tooltips for resources? What's missing from resource tooltips?
For the race, you can easily do it yourself by modifying some text files and pngs.
Nobody but Jake can make warfare better because nobody but Jake understands what the fuck is going on during battles.
>>
>>1752519
nta, but pop consumption being absent from resource tooltips is the biggest issue
at least something like "previous day's consumption" would already be massive, ideally factorio-style graphs would be perfect but i know that's unlikely
>>
>>1752554
I'll take a look in how feasible that is.
Not the factorio-style part, I'm not THAT autistic.
>>
>>1748186
Are you going tunnel that mountain down there for shortcuts ?
>>
>>1752603
i turned on the script that says if you dig too far into mountains "weird things happen"
so i have been very hesitant to
also im probably going to restart soon as I have about 15 settlements, and with taxes im raking in about 80 million a year, so I can now just start decommissioning production and buy whatever I need
>>
>>1752507
>I wanna see a race of immortal oppai loli witches (they all have a thousand of years, i swear).
You'll have to sell me on how they work as a race in game.
>>
>>1752554
For the tooltip, I meant this >>1752554

For everything else, I was mostly fucking around, I don't really expect anyone to make combat and world stuff good with just modding. I am not >>1751723 too and don't know what he wants.
>>
Not sure how viable it is to have a economy based mostly on fish, but I plan to expand to those isles and try it.
>>
I'd like to see mods that add cultural traits and events that update and change as the game progresses. Something that adds a family tree and cross-breeding between species would probably be too much work but would be great to have.
>>
im a big rimworld fan, would this be up my alley? is it fun to just turtle up and build and be super defensive?
>>
>>1752808
It's a city builder.
>>
>>1752692
If lizards, prepare for massive immigration.
>>
How badly were taxes nerfed?
>>
File: tax.png (109 KB, 947x408)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>1752831
My 306 area region with a small city went from giving me 200k+ denari to 68k denari (with maxed out tax technology and 1 t3 school)
>>
>>1752808
>im a big rimworld fan, would this be up my alley?
Probably. It's a city builder and more focused on the macro than individual citizens, but a lot of gameplay elements are similar. I like both.
>>
>>1752808
Its closer to DF than Rimworld imo.
Rimworld is like DF + the Sims, but this like DF + Citybuilder like the Settlers I guess. It is leans heavier on the macro scale while rimworld is more micro
>>
>>1750855
The musket mod makes the combat fun.
>>
File: SUPER_CITY.jpg (2.77 MB, 2572x2572)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
507 pops, time to get some land
>>
>spend a bunch of time and resources creating a portion of the city for elves, creating bow training centers, and creating bowyers
>train a decent army with good bow and melee
>get raided
>fag elves, who are master bowmen, refuse to shoot at the enemy because of the scary trees, which they love
It was all such a fucking waste. Should I clear cut the area around my town? It seems like a lot of labor that I'd have to repeatedly do.
>>
>>1752981
trees grow back basically instantly.
>>
>>1752981
nah, no need for that

when the raiders besiege your town, you right click them on the map, and your forces will sally out

that way you have a battle on the random map, not your town map

im doing that with my current elves city, and it's great fun. It's basically a Texas simulator, my elves spend whole day on the ranch or the shooting range, and then kill some hobos
>>
>>1752982
I mean he could pave it over
>>
>>1752995
If you're gonna do ugly shit like that why play a city builder?
>>
>>1752998
Its a realistic thing, they could build farms over it too then set the workers to zero, they have a practical problem that needs to be solved paving costs the least
>>
>>1753002
>>1752995
>>1752982
>>1752981
Easiest way to clear trees is to build a fruit orchard or grave yard and put only one building.
>>
>>1753015
Having a graveyard as a killing field feels poetic
>>
>>1751723
>>1752429
Rimworld zoning but for races so im not going through loopholes making dedicated ghettos of piggers staffed by humans.
>>
>>1753158
I've actually had the same idea because of the same problem but the way the pathfinding works doesn't allow for that as far as I can tell. I've been thinking of making it so you can make workshops exclusive to some races. Also not something the game allows for by default but probably easier.
I need to look into it further when I get the time.
>>
>>1753185
Having the household race restrictions but for rooms/jobs etc would be brilliant also. That way you could theoretically make a certain job/room for a specific race only. It's essentially what i was grtting at originally. When i first saw the house restrictions I was thinking to myself why isnt this used for jobs too?
>>
>>1753219
It's what I was saying yes, limiting specific workplaces to specific races, essentially the same UI as house assignment which would likely be trivial to copy. Making it work is another story. Houses don't work similarly as workshops, and the job priority system is made to be global, so it's going to require some intense reading of Jake's unreadable code and some creativity to figure out. I'd wish I was a java expert so it would be easier but then again I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
Probably still easier/more performance friendly than making pathfinding discriminate depending on race and status either way.
I wish Jake saw the demand coming and just made it easier to apply to workshops when he made the system for housing. Maybe he just doesn't want it to be that way, to make multiracial cities harder, idk.
>>
>>1752692
i was also wondering this, just started my first oceanside map and god damn theres so much more fish than fresh water
>>
File: 20240511221759_1.jpg (972 KB, 1920x1080)
972 KB
972 KB JPG
>>1752429
>>1753158
>>1753232
One thing I wanted is that for the warehouses, maybe to be able to manually paint/draw the collection zone of the warehouse, or set a production building to only receive raw material and have its production collected by specific warehouses.

So much for the 0.66 changes, the warehouse radius slider sucks. For example, I have fishery that is inside the radius of 2 warehouses (the radius of these 2 overlap), instead of the warehouse that is located on the other side of the street, a deliveryman from the farthest warehouse comes to pick the fish, but I can't reduce the radius or disable fetch of this warehouse that is farther without hurting the collection from other stuff that doesn't have other warehouses closer, unless a build more warehouses with smaller radius on other places to compensate, but that comes with its own set of problems and the radius of some of then may also overlap.

If there was a way to set a production building to have their resources only be collected by a certain warehouse as long was there is free space, that would be a much more useful for micro than this radius system, being able to manually draw the collection radius/area would work too.
>>
>>1748105
I would like to be able to make cities that look as nice as this, but my autism limits me to making commie block shitholes
>>
How do you change the racial demographics of owned territories?
e.g. an area is fertile and I want it to grow stuff, how do I get more piggers?
>>
>>1753466
This is for v65:
When you select your settlement you have the option to persecute, exile or massacre a species and prevent them from growing there, so massacre every other species besides the piggers.
I would advise against it though, it kills your growth and apparently makes other species in your empire upset.
>>
>>1753466
Decades of anti-human propaganda.
But in-game, I think you just have to genocide those you don't want. In V65 this seems to have no effect on making pops upset.
>>
File: shithole.jpg (1.39 MB, 3072x3072)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
This shithole can fit 6000 garthimis in it, has no grid based system and was planned by mainly using vibes
>>
>>1753883
Ngl all I see is squares
>>
>>1753898
What about the abstract dick and balls farmlands
>>
>>1753898
I got sick of trying to make everything round halfway through
>>
>>1753908
just spam delete on the corners and select make diagonal on everything, how are garthimis as a race any stupid stuff you have to deal with/get slave for I mostly play the woodelves
>>
1,1k cannibal elves hamlet

The journey continues, after reaching 500 pop i made paper makers +admin building and gobbled up my single province neighbour using merc army

His region had no resources (none of them have, at least those close to me...) so i extract raw stone and clay there, make produce out of them in my city and with cash made that way that fuel my military. I also extract raw iron and coal, even thou the ratios are shit, but i can make 30 steel out of them per day, and it covers my needs.

Soon after conquered 2 more territories just cos of i could, but have no idea what to do with them

Thinking about getting 2 more free lands and pick up some conscripts - as i don't want my native cannibals to die in wars to come

Probably gone focus on cut stone, it sells for 200+ and i gone need some cash since all my neighbours are 40k+ pop nations.

Oh, and made some nurseries, long term plan is to make my whole city native born. Reached 30% atm
>>
File: 1708905790912657.png (2.74 MB, 1314x844)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
Commieblock design cuz I'm creatively challenged
>>
just put things down, builds things at size and position that is needed, play tetris with the buildings, use decorations to fill odd holes
>>
grid artist, builds commie blocks, nothing can escape the pattern
>>>>>
puts so much effort in to making city not a grid and "organic", ends up doing impractical designs, city looks artificial and tryhard
>>
Do goods in supply depots decay at the same rate as in warehouses or at the normal rate?
>>
File: nigbar.jpg (2.22 MB, 2409x1571)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
>>1754383
Is this organic or just tryhard.

I like forts
>>
>>1754580
This is grid artist. Just a big square.
>>
>>1754027
I love the walled city but I hate the gridmax'd pastures. It's a shame that square is the optimal shape for them.
>>
>>1754027
love it. shame about the grid pastures like the other poster said but I am miring the inner city and the little army fort hard
>>
>>1753883
Looks cool. No big points for artistic aesthetics, but it has a nice organic feel to it.
>>
>>1754580
Since you're going for a fort I like it. You could build some redoubts and similar structures if you want to break up the "squareness" of the fort, but square forts are fine too.

I'd suggest making the "countryside" more organic, though. It'd be a nice complimentary contrast.
>>
File: 4rsjfr03otx01.png (677 KB, 479x586)
677 KB
677 KB PNG
offloading all the agrarian bs into conquered regions is so nice
instantly freed up a good 200 workers and got me topped up on fruit, veggies, leather, and meat
qualitative upgrade from an agrarian barely-scraping-by shithole into a decidedly more technological shithole
now the problem is the 200+ people involved in the wood + paper + administration industry... and another hundred-ish in the army... and the 25% of the population stuck doing science...
the growth never truly ends, does it?

p.s. when and up to what point is it worth it to push population for the workforce upgrade in a region, in terms of admin cost? should i abandon everything else and push it to max level ASAP in order to flood the region with workers on all the farms/mines right after?
>>
>>1755192
What the fuck. Is history just on repeat or something.
>>
File: songs.png (188 KB, 1000x1420)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>1754580
by tryhard I meant the third option on pic related

also, paint is making words blurry for whatever reason and I don't know how to fix
>>
>>1755204
I'm far too much of a 2.
>>
>Turn wood into furniture and sell it for a profit as my primary method of getting wood
>Margins are thin so any time there is an spike of wood demand I have to manually unfuck everything
No shit regions near me either to turn into my woodslaves either. Neighbors are 1k pop with 40~ troops standing army and 110 more garrison or wahtever as the weakest. The rest are over 5k pop.
Very fertile though, 85 is about the lowest tile I've seen so bread and cotton are flowing which is great for happiness, not so much for commerce. Why the fuck are textiles so low value compared to furniture?
>>
>>1755204
I wish I wasn't 2.
>>
>>1754580
>>1755204
it's a grid. For organic place buildings as if you'd be the one living in/using the building
>>
>>1755341
Like in a grid pattern?
>>
Anti-grid bros... how do we recover?
>>
>Give each Archer division a bow
>Archers spawn in the battlefield with no bow
what am i doing wrong
>>
>>1755370
Using archers
>>
>>1755373
>just use archers bro
>Literally train archers
>No option to add them to the battlefield
what does this mean?
>>
>>1752554
>>1752638
I can't make a better graph than one in the Goods screen without selling my soul, so how would something that averages the previous X days consumption for the given resource in its tooltip be? Seems better than just the previous day. One time costs like construction or diplomacy excluded obviously.
Because I can totally do that now that I wasted valuable hours of my life deciphering Jake's hieroglyphics. But first, sleep.
>>
>>1755362
delete this
>>
>>1755377
I think the average of the last few days would be better, if its not too much work. If you can show detailed info like in the goods screen, that is nice, but, IMO, there is no need to show every single thing from the goods screen too.

Could be something like:

Consumption (last X days): y+z+a+b+c
Consumed = y
Spoilage = z
something = a
something = b
Others = c

More experienced anons may have a better idea.
>>
>>1755385
I mean "(average last x days)", I think its important that the info is clear
>>
>>1755385
That's pretty much what I did already, and I found a way to make it not bloat the entire tooltip too. Maybe I should add the graph too, personally I've never really found it useful but I never had a big city so far.
Forgot to say but it'll be for v66 because v65 has no way to add mods into existing saves.
>>
I want to make my administration building a pentagon because that's funny, anyone have any patterns for that?
>>
>>1755374
Make sure you have army supply depots stocking bows?
>>
File: file.png (178 KB, 602x669)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>1755204
This is actually a really good diagram, anon.

When I play city-building games I tend to create nice class-one layouts, but I put way too much effort in making them look like that. I need to learn to design as organically as the end result looks, at least because it'd feel more comfy than worrying about over-blueprinting an area.

>>1755362
>>1755359
I don't think there's anything wrong with grid designs. They appear in the real world for a reason. Though if aesthetics are to be considered then you're still obliged to make them look appealing. Strict grids can look "nice" when you scale them up since there's an "imperial" feel that comes with it; lots of big squares, government buildings, and the sort. Even if you're going for the organic look I'd still suggest some rigidness with your main downtown areas just to contrast with the more organic, less-designed rural parts. A monolithic main plaza surrounded with high-density housing and industry with looser sub-streets which is then orbited by farmlands and rural industry with close to no discernable layout should always look appealing.

Even >>1755362 isn't a good example of a grid design. There's no uniformity to the zones and they're broken up with diverse streets. Organic-looking designs aren't so much anti-square as they are anti-Tetris with how some people like to line up everything with no variation.

Honestly, just don't choose the tryhard option and you're golden. Some artsiness is fine, but it should be practical like conforming building to the terrain or making it fit better with a road or another building. And I've been guilty of this shit in games like Rimworld where I've wasted time building penis-shaped temples when a simple rectangle for the shrine, some smaller squares for the domestic quarters, and a fenced-in area for a graveyard would have looked better and been more time-efficient.
>>
>woodcutters and stone mines in a region great for wood and shit for stone produce the same output value approximately
Are other cities just weirdly bad for making wood?
>>
A lot of 'organic' layouts in real life are the result of having to build around differences in terrain elevation or other instability, something we never have to deal with in Syx (yet)
>>
>>1755676
This is why I only settle in heavily mountainous and watery places.
>>
Alright done with the resource tooltip mod.
I'll probably try to add racism to workshops this weekend since I feel like easier segregation is what's missing to make my city shine and many seem to feel the same way. No promises though.
>>1753418
I'll take a brief look when I got time but this sounds too hard for me to implement. Plus everyone complained about the warehouse radius thing so the dev will probably tweak it again.
>>
File: 7d2.jpg (34 KB, 394x484)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>1755722
Anon, you da bess.
>>
File: sugcatthumbsup.png (6 KB, 464x541)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>1755756
>>
>>1755676
Getting an organic look ingame can work by avoiding planning too far ahead, too. You start building around your unnatural obstructions like when your housing eventually catches up to where you put your (at the start of the game) distant mining camp.
>>
File: 1675129924116631.jpg (215 KB, 1167x1200)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>1755857
>>1755676
I think that someone needs to say that all cities are human constructs, all cities are an environment heavily modified to suit human needs, its safe to say that cities are all artificial by default, in a sense.

I think that a better description to what people here consider desirable would be "not ugly", "cozy", "comfy" or "cool" in some cases, like in the op pic.

In SoS, maybe making more use of decorations, making more small parks and plazas and taking the time to make things look good, with unique corners and buildings here and there, can break the blandness of an ocean samey looking buildings, like the center of this fort >>1754580, I really like it, imagine a brutal commie block grid, but then you have a nice open area with a round building and trees in the middle of it, or maybe just a nice park or pool, a public leisure area in the middle of a residential district, it can give a refreshing break, but if you make ALL your buildings and areas look like this round building, it can be just a repetitive and boring pattern.
>>
I'm still hung up on stone being easier to get than wood. Isn't that the opposite of real life? Wasn't stone construction a mark of wealth in premodern Europe?
>>
>>1756065
Yeah, I like his fort too. Room for improvements would be the places outside his wall. Looks a little barren and would look nicer with small hamlets and maybe tiny military outposts dotting the landscape.

Just suppressing one's OCD desire to build cities like they're playing tetris with perfect, even layouts will get you 90% towards comfy cities imo. Just building "in the moment" and renovating/expanding when necessary goes a long way. A group of, like, twenty settlers aren't really going to think far enough ahead to plan where they're dropping government buildings and elaborate bathhouses. So turning off some of that OCD brain can go a long way. Hell, building roads based on your city's traffic heat is an easy way for that "natural" look.

Though of course, it's always nice to get creative now and then, too. Just gotta narrow the scope. The guys in 3rd century BC didn't plan all of Paris back then, but you can bet projects like Notre Dame were exquisitely detailed and planned.
>>
>>1756070
Isn't wood cutting faster? Plus trees regrow. I only had excess stone from digging into mountains.
>>
>>1756397
In city the base woodcutting rate is 4, while stone mining is 6. Stone mining is effected by the richness of the deposit of course so anything under 66% is lower.
I am complaining about specifically taxed wood from other regions, I had a region with poor stone deposits and excellent wood values but would get the same volume of stone as wood.
>>
>>1754580
I took some critique to heart and decided to redo the whole town. I feel like the city looks too "tryhard" now ¯\(ツ)/¯
>>
>>1756925
forgot to attach pic
>>
>>1756928
It'll look better when you've finished it.
Fortifications dont tend to enclose empty grassland
>>
is this game good?
>>
>>1756928
Yeah, that's definitely overdoing it, especially on the city walls
>>
File: SUPER_CITY.jpg (3.26 MB, 2995x2995)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
cannibal elves 1,5k pop hamlet.

I have hit my first happinesses ceiling and 85% and need to optimise some services.

I think that the city reached it limits to the south atm, and im moving the development north. Had an idea of a semi disjointed castle there, like in real medieval cities, but don't feel that the diagonal build is worth the hassle.

Also, im planning to remove those ugly pastures other anons pointed out. They were nice at the start, as they were optimised for 5 dudes to work the pasture at max efficiency. So i just copied them at the start, but the plan was always to replace them with something looking better.

Bought around 150 dondorian slaves to work at my soon to be booming military complex. Then figured out in the hard way they should not live together with cretonian slaves, cos they will kill each other.

Region management is a bitch, im playing at v65 so can't even check what the upgrades cost and what they do before spending the cash, so im always leaving minmaxing for other moment.

Also don't know what to do with my farming. All the farms are manned by slaves, and i have them just for the looks atm, since i can tax my regions. I planned on building some pomps, and spread the farming land on the north side away from the shoreline.
>>
How many hours would something like OP's pic take? I feel like it takes forever to get anything done in this game, even running at fastest speed
>>
Haven't been posting updates of my city since I had a burnout period and I'm hitting another wall at 799pleb/870pop city. Mostly trying to refocus and better understand specialization (this is hard gripping to terms with this game) and shifting industry around from ranch+clothes+furninutre to probably just furniture, and just now had a frustratingly confused victory over my 2nd raid and hiring mercs as a insurance against them so going to experience slavery for the first time at least. Got rid of pastures and forgot that they require livestock previously produced by my ranches... that my transport wagons needed.

not sure what to put there in the former ranch area. I have 20 oddjobbers so it's just a constant struggle deciding how much I need of them on hand. Somehow only 45ish? children so baffled if I need to produce more breeders or not. Just somewhat aimless what to do now honestly but I'm trying to play more after playing a binge of another game past few weeks.
>>
>can't embark with a river in the center of the 3x3 anymore
Lame.
>>
>>1748110
And this is a tranny
>>
>>1756962
Yeah, feels like an impressions game with actor based citizens.
>>
File: file.png (295 KB, 395x292)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>1756928
I thought your original was fine, but this is actually pretty swell, too. It's a small thing, but I love the small road circling the city from the outside, especially with how it cuts through the woods like that. Very comfy. Reminds me of a cute city you'd find in an RPG.

Like the other anon said, filling in those empty areas would be nice. Though don't be afraid to move the roads around too. Eventually you'll have some "official" roads that will look straighter while the side streets will likely remain the same.

>I feel like the city looks too "tryhard" now ¯\(ツ)/¯
Maybe a little in places but I think it looks neat, so don't worry about it. I can see that you're trying to make your city look organic, but I think your taming it well enough.
Also, pic related: maybe squaring this building off more might look better? I know you're trying to follow the wall, but it's a little odd looking. The buildings just south of it at the southern wall look "nicer" in comparison. Square, but bending when necessary.
>>
File: bichmade.jpg (2.66 MB, 2684x1768)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>1757958
I think I might have ruined it like a bob ross painting. Especially with the ugly cobblestone roads that the piggers prefer. Feel like it lost that comfy feeling. Feels more industrial now
>>
>Is combat super in-depth and I don't understand all the mechanics?
>Nevermind, it really is just either blob rams into (or rather stands around near) blob or archer line, melee line
>>
>>1757999
Ehhh, I still like it. Dirt roads have a charm, but I think it's normal to have a more industrial look once your city expands. It's sort of an inevitability. It's also why I don't inherently hate grid designs either. Even some grid-ness becomes "organic" when a city gets big enough.

Usually I keep small towns outside the main downtown area of my city. It's kind of a vibe to have main roads leading in and out of my settlement with cheaper dirt roads branching off the main "highway" towards other locations.

Though I'd love to try my hand at a megacity like this someday >>1748105
>>
majorly losing steam on this city.
>>
>>1758191
cool looking city
>>
Wow. Mercs are utterly brutal. I never was able to beat this Tilapis settlement that's smaller than me forever since my garrison sucks so much has despite having armor and sledgehammers.
>>
Got rid of the mines and decided to reinvest into ranches again, shifting to import ore and stone but keeping the coal for now. Trying to comb buildings and upgrade them but it's a slow progress since maintenance eats everything instantaneously. I feel sort of bottlenecked still right now. I feel like I'm still struggling to find a actual industry to develop right now at 1kpop/950 plebs. 68 oddjobers loitering around until I can figure out where to expand next.
>>
Another Tilapis settlement was conquered. I don't have prisons to hold all these captives though.
>>
>>1759051
Oops. I might've bit off more than I could chew.
>>
making it big in the world, finally proper stone and coal from Lyari and Jascken (forced it to be freeland after swarming the capitol). Otherwise still boxed in by that pig empire still. There's the possibility of getting gems from Jacksen too but man this Work Force/Build Points is like unlocking a whole new game layer.
>>
Last progress for today. Stone and coal colonies is such a breath of air; mines are gone for good, making like at 270 steel yearly and my only bottleneck now is machine parts. I'd hit a point where I'm not too sure where to expand new industry zones now since I was trying to keep everything in one district. Mainly, I'm not too sure what to do with the western empty area there. Might just plop down wood/paper industry there... or more bread. 1.4k pop and like 6k bread/11k wheat.
>>
How long can a citizen travel to work before it becomes a problem? Is it like 99% of city builders where it's within about half the width of their housing?
>>
>>1758923
>maintenance eats everything instantaneously
Yep, not sure how much but there are moment where my 150 iron bars just disappears into low 50. Maybe it was due to my mostly fully upgraded pumps.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.