[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

yes, i understand this game is still not good. but will it ever be good? has it steadily gotten better over time?
>>
>>1758030
No and no.
Besides, it's not a game. It's a DLC-selling platform
>>
>>1758034
other anons who actually have played the game wanna chime in? i wanna hear more opinions before i remove it from my wishlist
>>
>>1758036
It's Unity
>>
>>1758036
The other guy hit the nail on the head. CSII is a platform to sell DLC. Might as well pay a monthly subscription. Ignore all Paradox games. Every single game of theirs gets flooded with so much DLC that the gameplay gets radically altered on a yearly basis. Telling you how the game is now is therefore useless.

And no, simply not buying the new DLC doesn't help. Because Paradox chsnges game mechanics for all players to fit new DLC. Which you don't have if you don't buy it and therefore you lack tools to properly interact with the new mechanics.
>>
>>1758034
>>1758062
>>1758070
any of you actually play the game?
>>
>>1758030
there is zero reason to play this over City Skylines 1
>>
>>1758030
>>1758036
Pirate it yourself and form your own opinion.
>>
>>1758030

Wait until all dlc comes out then decide. Until then just play city skylines 1.
>>
>>1758106
Played it for 10 hours on pc gamepass. It is inferior to the first game in every way, traffic, game progression, even graphically.
>>
>>1758106
I played it and it lagged like fuck at only 1000 population
>>
>>1758036
it'll be good but it'll be another year or so before its even remotely on the level as 1, but people tend to forget that CS1 wasn't the smoothest launch and all the negative press about the paradox dlc dumps. Even now if you own a base CS1 it costs like $250 to upgrade to full. I think the logic in this game has the potential to be a lot stronger than CS1 so I'm hopeful they'll turn things around. Plus they've had to at least break even funding wise from all the purchases
>>
They need to make everything less gray, and introduce smaller assets
>>
>soulless europeioid clean future cities artstyle
nope
never ever
>>
>>1758945
REAL
>>1758942
Game is already unoptimized trash, game didn't even launch with LODs for a city builder.
>>1758761
True. CS1 did have a lot of problems out of the gate but I dont think it launched in this bad of a state. I agree the under the hood is a lot better so hopefully it'll be better in the next 2~3 years which hopefully will give it enough time finally work out the polish its needed since announcement.
>>
>>1758106
no
unity fired all of their r&d in like 2018, everything since then has been a series of austerity measures while the company burns through investors, most recently a data harvesting company
the engine is essentially the same as it was ten years ago, it lacks features that would be useful for large landscapes like doubld precision, which unreal and godot both have. unlike those engines unity doesn't have available source so it can't be retrofitted
>>
>>1758761
CS1 is as shit as CS2 it's not fun to play in both games i spend most of my time just working around the game's inability to do something instead to play as I wish
>>
>>1758273
Huh, I always heard the "don't make your own engine, just use unity!" crowd cite CS2 as an example of Unity being good at CPU-heavy strategy games, were they full of shit all along?
>>
>>1758106
Yes, and that's why I can tell with full conviction this is a DLC-selling platform.
Let me walk you through this: the game gutted out elements from the original, leaving blatantly empty slots to fill with DLC content. The company behind it reduced their workforce by half while making this game, which means they openly are re-using shit from original project if they were able to deliver with half the manpower (the original was already done by a small team). So it's plain and simple a money grab, in tune of "hey, our game costs 500 bucks with all the DLCs that are pre-requested to play it, why won't you buy the new one, only 40 bucks now, just don't think how much it will cost with the DLCs"

Original CS was a lackluster, indie-tier city builder that only got any sort of high profile due to how monumental clusterfuck SimCity turned into. The sequel is a fucking money grab, trying to use whatever goodwill CS1 had.
>>
File: Doubt.jpg (11 KB, 600x315)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1758945
>soulfull grid-based, ghetto-infested contemporary americities
>>
>>1759474
>people shilling unity are lying
more news at 11
>>
i'm enjoying it quite a lot
some people have released videos after discussing with the company and they seem to be working on the things that need fixing which is great
should be in a good state by winter i'd think
i have a brand new computer with very few problems running it so i can't speak for older pcs
>>
>>1758030
It can only ever be as good as the last game so I dunno why anyone would bother buying it.
I only ever knew one person who was obsessed with getting the latest thing and he was the dumbest person I ever met. I have to assume all you retards that buy "sequels" that are essentially the same game are like that.
>>
>>1758070
who the fuck bought paradox game anyway?
I always pirated it
>>
Does CS2 has as much road autism as CS1?
>>
>>1758030
just play 1
plenty of mods already and most of the dlc is bloat so you dont need most of it.
>>
i'm sick of it crashing
>>1764644
even more, they made the road tool so much better by incorporating a lot of the move it stuff

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.